• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help So how will the Moto Defy handle games?

I also played Quake3 and it remained between 30-40 fps. It was the old free kwaak3 beta, so I don't know how well the one on the market would perform. I also downloaded googleearth and it ran just fine.

Yes according to Quadrant and every CPU/System info app I've used, it shows powerVRSGX530. So whatever OMAP it has, it has that powerVR GPU.

Upvote 0
ive had a defy for a few months now and its pretty good for regular 2d games and some 3d games like need for speed shift, but i found the really intensive games usually make it freeze up. ex:i tried contract killer and it would work for a couple minutes then grind to a stop. i would have to take the battery out to restart it. as for angry birds and not as intense games it performes beautifully.

Upvote 0
ive had a defy for months now and this is what i do. i downloaded set vsel and when i want to play games like contract killer i turn my processor to 1.2ghz at 66vsel. it will almost always run it without grinding to a stop. ive also taken a piece of clear packaging tape and put it over the screen to make it not so sensitive. now it works beautifully.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones