• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So, htc says eris is getting 2.0?

I've asked before:

Where are the mods ?

i think they went on vacation with Acidbath to France lol
Yea there are a lot of 2.1 threads and I'm getting annoyed at them but people haven't learned what the search bar is. No big deal

2.1 will be out soon then the threads will stop... oh sh!t, what are people gonna create a thousand threads about after not searching??

Upvote 0
Yea there are a lot of 2.1 threads and I'm getting annoyed at them but people haven't learned what the search bar is. No big deal

2.1 will be out soon then the threads will stop... oh sh!t, what are people gonna create a thousand threads about after not searching??

whats a searchbar? :D

Upvote 0
Verizon:

[sexy voice]Hi, I'm Vanessa from Verizon. You're wondering about the Droid Eris OS? I have no idea what that is, let me look that up for you... Okay, I don't see anything, want me to transfer you to technical support?

[nerd voice]Hi, I'm Bill from Verizon Technical Support. Can you follow steps 1-10 on your website to find out what verizon your Eris is. Oh! You're calling about the update. Looks like I found something, but not quiet sure what it is. Update 2.5.4.21.3.4.540391. Does that mean anything to you. Okay, well enjoy your phone, should have got a Blackberry or the real Droid. Try giving the manufacture a call, okay?

HTC:

[clueless voice]Hi, I'm Eric from HTC. You're calling about when the Droid Eris OS update will be sent OTA? As far as I know, it's expected to be getting Android 1.6, 2.0, or 2.1 (not sure) sometime Q1 or maybe end of the year. Verizon has all the power and say about when it will be sent. Try calling them.Any other questions I can help you with?

Upvote 0
HTC:

[clueless voice]Hi, I'm Eric from HTC. You're calling about when the Droid Eris OS update with be sent OTA? As far as I know, it's expected to be getting Android 1.6, 2.0, or 2.1 (not sure) sometime Q1 or maybe end of the year. Verizon has the say about when it will be sent. Any other questions I can help you with?

Verizon:

[sexy voice]Hi, I'm Vanessa from Verizon. You're wondering about the Droid Eris OS? I have no idea what that is, let me look that up for you... Okay, I don't see anything, want me to transfer you to technical support?

[nerd voice]Hi, I'm Bill from Verizon Technical Support. Can you follow steps 1-10 on your website to find out what verizon your Eris is. Oh! You're calling about the update. Looks like I found something, but not quiet sure what it is. Update 2.5.4.21.3.4.540391. Does that mean anything to you. Okay, well enjoy your phone, should have got a Blackberry or the real Droid. Try giving the manufacture a call, okay?

holy hell either they dont know anything(at all), or they are just scripted to tell that crap.:p

Upvote 0
HTC:

[clueless voice]Hi, I'm Eric from HTC. You're calling about when the Droid Eris OS update will be sent OTA? As far as I know, it's expected to be getting Android 1.6, 2.0, or 2.1 (not sure) sometime Q1 or maybe end of the year. Verizon has all the power and say about when it will be sent. Try calling them.Any other questions I can help you with?

WOW! Guess the HTC people did not even hear about their own Peter Chou announcing that the Eris WILL be getting 2.1 at the MWC. lol

Upvote 0

Compalining about how 2.1 runs like crap and f'd up their phone duh!:D

Upvote 0
doublefacepalm21.jpg

Upvote 0
I think I am going to chain myself to the door at my local Verizon store until they divulge the 2.1 release date...kinda like hugging trees, but hugging aluminum and glass instead.
please do this, PLEASE! I once seen a guy who didnt want some loggers to cut down some trees so he chained himself to the gate of the property and wouldnt budge.... GUESS WHAT!?!?!? The logger beat the piss out of the dude and since he was chained he couldnt do anything about it! The logger got arrested a few days later, but if you ask me thats a well worth time spent in jail :)

Upvote 0
Verizon:

HTC:

I just think it is cool that my name is Eric and so is his!!!! OMFG:eek::eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones