• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help So... I dropped my phone.

I'd say it's about 20%. The other 80% end up paying to have the parts they broke fixed - and end up paying more than if they had just paid to have the glass replaced. It's a simple job - if you've done it 200 times. The first time you do it? Crack! Crunch. Oops. I always had my guys practice on "so dead a miracle couldn't fix it" phones first. If you're going to throw it out it doesn't matter if the glass is more broken. After a few times of breaking the same thing you learn to NOT do that.

Upvote 0
I picked one of these up on ebay to replace my wife's older phone- but yesterday her glass got some hairline cracks, and its driving her bananas! We *just* got it! I'd like to try a repair (since the digitizer is only $15 or so on ebay), but the fact that this is a slider worries me. I have a friend who might be able to help, (he's done plenty of iPhones and other similar device repairs), but the fact that this is a slider worries me.

This phone has no documentation I can find. So, I'm super-duper worried it will be a nightmare and I'll regret trying, and should just buy another one on ebay. Then again, if my next step is to buy another one anyway, what do I have to lose for $15?

Linuxuser21629, it sounds like you don't regret trying it! Got any helpful tips or anything you wish you had known before attempting this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones