• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So I got my replacement....

Slickyy

Jul 22, 2013
and my sim tray is broken. Before putting in my SIM card into my new phone I wanted to make sure I was putting in right. Upon looking into the slot, I thought "wow that is a really tiny place to put it." Then I held them side by side in front of me, my old and new phone. The new phone has a bent piece inside the slot!

Went to Verizon, thought they might have a technician in the store, and there isn't one :/ and none of the Verizon stores in the area do. Had to call Customer Service get it the replacement phone replaced. I even asked if they could upgrade me to the HTC One since this will be the third phone I've had to use in 3 days...unfortunately the rep I spoke with didn't have the power to :(

Oh...here's the part that really sucks. After making sure the new phone turns on and everything, I decided to reset my phone. I thought "Hey, I have everything backed up on my Drive and Gmail account, I can go ahead and reset this"...then a few moments after resetting it I discovered the broken SIM slot on the new phone.

It happens. I had a bad Note 3 replaced with a new one. Few weeks go by and the new one lost its memory - physically. Memory went bad. Had to get that one replaced too. New replacement - seems to "forget" some settings. That's been noted into the record, so I have a case for replacement (again) if the "new" replacement goes bad within a year of the time I got it.

Upvote 0
I got another replacement, same issue. I called Verizon support again, they wouldn't help me. They said they could send another replacement, but I told them I wanted a brand new one, not a refurbished one. They couldn't guarantee that though. So I went to the store to provide solid proof that this was a legitimate issue and they could call it in. The manager ended up helping me out and got me an HTC One.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones