• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So, I got one of these today - anyone got questions?

Hey, nice! Definitely interested in hearing your views. Maybe not for myself, but I might recommend it to friends.

How does it perform? Do you find the 8GB storage too limiting? I imagine it's a no-go for gamers, but ok for most other people.

What's the display like, and the audio?

How does it compare to, say, the One X?

Upvote 0
I just got my Quad XL yesterday.

- coming from a 13mm thick Motorola Defy+ handset, the Quad XL doesn't look thick at all.
- The camera is absolutely breathtaking.
- power up from OFF is fast,
- not as slick as the premium finish of Samsung Quad core phones but I have no complaints with the plasticky polycarbonate body (considering how cheap I got it).
- it is super cheap. I got a brand new Quad XL for the price of a used Motorola Defy+. Goodbye Motorola. 20 months of utter disappointment!

Dislike:
- system info shows RAM is a little under 800MB not the 1012MB on paper.
- in spite of the Dolby Mobile branding, the sound was very disappointing. Weak volume and almost imperceptible bass even when using high end ear buds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones