• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root So I have a brick now

zackogenic

Lurker
Jan 1, 2013
Months ago, I put CM7 on my Triumph without a problem.
It feels like it has been getting slower over time.

Yesterday, I got a new 32gb SD card to replace my old 8gb SD card.
When I put it in, the phone went haywire. The phone would be slow and unresponsive, crashing and rebooting periodically. This behavior has continued mostly until now.

I decided to reset the phone to "factory".(CM7 Factory) It wasn't any better.

Eventually, it became stuck on the CM7 boot screen, looping the animation.
I tried installing the Starship Triumph ROM, doing all the steps(1-10) and now it just gets to the Motorola screen and stays there forever.

Do I have a brick? It wouldn't be an issue, since I hate the phone, and Virgin Mobile, except I paid my monthly fee less than a week ago.

REMOVE SD CARD AND REFLASH
damn 32gig cards lock our phones up dont worry u may also have to battery pull but make sure u take that card out

Yeah, some SDcards will bother some phones. I have a 32Gig card in mene, and I bought a 16gig for my wife. Mine has worked perfectly on multiple phones, the 16gig will work on every phone except her's.:mad:

Pull the card and see what happens. It might be just the phone doesn't like the card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones