• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root So I joined the rooted nation - now what?!

Highland Ranger

Mar 22, 2010
Was upset that 2.2 didn't give me hot spot and on a gig where it would really come in handy.

So I used easy root and I have Barnacle going - sweetness.

On to my question: What else can I do?

What is the best ROM (I'm sure a tough question) and why?

What other programs can I load that will expand the capability of my rooted Droid?

Off to peruse the forum . . . .

well you already have the big ticket app running.
Ti Backup is a great app to backup your apps/data (needs root)
SetCPU will help you decide how fast your CPU runs and when (if you overclock and some ROMs come overclocked standard).
I'm running BB .4 and love it. very stable.
BB also comes with a "tool kit" that will do things like uninstall factory installed apps like Amazon.
Have fun!!

Upvote 0
I have flashed tons of ROMs and I really enjoyed LithMod, it was very snappy, very stable, and has tons of themes. Bugless Beast was ok, but just didn't cut it for me as (IMO) there are better and faster roms. I just switched to Saphire 1.0 and think i'm going to stick with this rom for a while, it is also very snappy and the incognito theme is awesome. I don't think anyone can tell you what the best rom is, flashing roms and trying them out for yourself is really the only way you will benefit. Plus flashing Roms is part of the fun of being rooted.Everyone has different tastes and needs for their roms.

welcome to root and enjoy your phone. I'm sure your phone will benefit you more now, you have opened up a whole new Droid :)

Upvote 0
Dl Ad-free Android so ads no longer show up

I like to support devs who make apps free by using ad support. I find them minimally invasive and little to no hit on battery life.

Me too I will be following these thread ... what's the best rom I show flash and why I heard sapphire 1.p right now I have frg22 virgin non touched

If you want features, you can't beat cyanogenmod 6. Still only a release candidate, but if you are adventurous you can check out the nightlies.

There aren't many themes for it right now since it is constantly changing. lithium mod is good for themes, as is sapphire (along with being good roms)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones