• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root So I lost text messages since Undervolted installed..

Fiere

Lurker
Sep 9, 2010
I just did the stock undervolted a couple days ago, everything went smoothly, then today while texting my battery died. After plugging it back in and powering up, all the text messages and emails I've received since the install are now gone. The emails I easily retrieved, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there is a solution to get the text messages back or stop it from happening again. My text messages are important for work.

Never had a problem here either... I've been using the Hydra undervolted kernel almost since it became available. I really don't think the kernel has anything to do with losing your messages. As far as getting your messages back... no idea, sorry about that. I'd ask if you do any sort of backup, but I suspect that if you did you wouldn't be asking the question you did.

Upvote 0
Basically, my phone is acting completely normal, I just lost three days of data. I have everything before the install and everything after the crash. But when I plug my phone into my computer, it acts like it's plugged into the wall. I've tried changing it from 'use as disk' then back, and it still won't register that it's plugged into a computer. I'm wondering if I should do a nandroid restore back to the stock kernel? Are you not reading data?

Upvote 0
Not sure how to get them back now. For future reference, I use this SMS Backup+ - Android app on AppBrain without any problems. It's nice because it backs them up to my google email account. I can go through them all and delete them from there if I don't want them anymore. Every time I load a new ROM on that requires a wipe of data, it's nice to know that when I restore everything all of my conversations in sms are restored as well. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones