• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root So I rooted... Now what?

Knitewulf

Android Enthusiast
Mar 7, 2010
Where the wild things are
So I rooted my droid, now what? Are there any places that tell me what I should do now? I would like to install the 2.1 update, but all the different options confuse me.

So is smoking glass just a theme?
Im stuck between Blackdroid and Droidmod and I don't really know what to do. If someone would please like to take the time and explain this i'd be very grateful.

Start in the "everything root related" sticky and learn all you can about the custom recovery, Nandroid backup, and THEN you're ready to install a custom ROM. It's not quite as easy as installing an app or two, and it'll send your pulse racing... I guarantee that. But it's worth it in the end :)

I personally have Bugless Beast and no theme, but that's just me. You can install whatever ROM you like once you have the SPRecovery console. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Knitewulf
Upvote 0
Start in the "everything root related" sticky and learn all you can about the custom recovery, Nandroid backup, and THEN you're ready to install a custom ROM. It's not quite as easy as installing an app or two, and it'll send your pulse racing... I guarantee that. But it's worth it in the end :)

I personally have Bugless Beast and no theme, but that's just me. You can install whatever ROM you like once you have the SPRecovery console. Hope this helps.
The whole SDK thing I don't really understand. Could you please shed some light on that?

Right now I am following a How to install guide from Droid forums for bugless beast and that seems easy enough. I am more focused on getting live wallpapers on my Droid than anything.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones