1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So I switched from Nexus to Razr Maxx...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mikerosoftpro, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert

If battery life is important, the Maxx is a great phone. The screen is most important to me. The GNex simply can't be beat for screen size and PPI, although the Rezound comes close.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. giannib

giannib Newbie

Samsung & Google (and You, and all in the Forum) should call that phone with the proper name: G. NEXUS LTE.

It is an other hardware from HSDA+ available in Europe, which has none of these problems

3. pappy53

pappy53 Well-Known Member

The Rezound is tops in PPI.

4. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert

True. The difference between 4.65 and 4.3 is noticeable. The difference between 342 and 316 PPI isn't that much.

Sandroidfan likes this.
  5. Karuk

Karuk Android Enthusiast

I had the rezound (moved to gnex lte) and my girl has one now. I play with her phone some times and the OS feels a bit clunky now. ICS feels clean and smooth. No rooting or roming for me. Just vanilla ICS and it's good.

Battery life using the 2100 battery is good.

6. zane!

zane! Well-Known Member

My impressions after a day... with the 2100mah battery I have almost 24 hours on a full charge, and I'm still at 34%. The phone is AMAZING. ICS is great in stock form and it I'm looking forward to some lightly tweaked roms, radios and kernels.

I have some slight banding on the screen at low brightness settings but I'm debating if I can live with it or not.

7. youngzayiles

youngzayiles Newbie

I love my GN but my battery isn't the best. Love the razr Max battery. But I hate Motorola's software and the screen looks like crap.

8. pappy53

To 99% of customers, the screen looks great.

dguy likes this.
  9. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

I just scanned this thread, but it's the most relevant.

VZW has the RAZR MAXX available as CPO, so you can swap if you turbo with customer service

I just executed this option.

Oh, and VZW mailed me a $500 check for "equipment return", CSR says there's no debit for $500 on my account, I'll bet it shows up next billing cycle. VZW is using the fedex to USPS labels now. My replacement, I shipped it back the very next day, and it took over 2 weeks to get back.

10. eorsini

eorsini Member

I just got my GNex 4-5 Days ago. I work for Vzw as a sales rep, and usually to my customers the easiest way to decide what they want is ask if they are technical or need battery life. Most of the time that chooses the device for them. BUT unofficially, when you root your GNex, especially when you start flashing new kernals, you can get MASSIVE battery life from it. i rock the extended battery and have leankernal 2.6 and have seen a 22 hour day with 4+ hours screen time. Thats pretty heavy usage. If you aren't a "tinker-er", the maxx will get you the best battery life. However if you like to root and such, the GNex is the easiest device to root, extremely hard to Brick, and can be a battery sipper if you know what you're doing

Sandroidfan and Outatime like this.
  11. pappy53

"VZW has the RAZR MAXX available as CPO, so you can swap if you turbo with customer service"
    What does this mean?

12. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

What?

The CPO part? Certified Pre-Owned, but no guarantee that your rep will just swap it for you.

13. pappy53

How do you "turbo" with CS? J/K.

14. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

Very nicely, of course :)

Just got it in the fedex batch today, neat.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews