• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So, I want this phone but I'm not eligible for an upgrade for another year...

shark974

Aug 18, 2010
What can I do?

The thing is, I currently have a Captivate, while it's OK, it's always been fairly annoyingly laggy and buggy. I bought it on launch day so I'm assuming that may have something to do with it.

The GPS has never worked correctly.

Overall I'm not that happy with it.

I dont really want to pay full retail for an SGS2.

If I go in griping about the Captivate, perhaps specifically the GPS, will it accomplish anything? Would I actually maybe get the SGS2 at a reduced price?

Anything?

On ATT btw.

What can I do?

The thing is, I currently have a Captivate, while it's OK, it's always been fairly annoyingly laggy and buggy. I bought it on launch day so I'm assuming that may have something to do with it.

The GPS has never worked correctly.

Overall I'm not that happy with it.

I dont really want to pay full retail for an SGS2.

If I go in griping about the Captivate, perhaps specifically the GPS, will it accomplish anything? Would I actually maybe get the SGS2 at a reduced price?

Anything?

On ATT btw.

You can probably get some kind of discount through att once it comes out, or add a line and transfer numbers, or something. Not really sure, i have like 4 numbers on my verizon account, so i always have an upgrade some dang where. When i was on ATT, they gave me the 2 year discount price regardless of how much longer i had on my contract, but they may be more strict about that now days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones