• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So is it me or has the main stream media just

I think it was Sprint themselves who dropped the ball. Advertisements only appear when the space/airwave/airtime/ect...are bought and an ad supplied to be ran. Sprint really didn't do much in the way of advertising. The media isn't going to blab about it for free!

I think what he's talking about is the free press that the main stream media gives apple for each release, repeatedly showing lines out the store and talking about iPhone constnatly... building hype at no cost to apple...

[sarcasm]Of course it *couldn't* be because the MSM all have iphones and ipads ... [/sarcasm]

Upvote 0
I think what he's talking about is the free press that the main stream media gives apple for each release, repeatedly showing lines out the store and talking about iPhone constnatly... building hype at no cost to apple...

[sarcasm]Of course it *couldn't* be because the MSM all have iphones and ipads ... [/sarcasm]

What he said. :)

Upvote 0
I meant it more like it's a full circle type thing. Sprint doesn't advertise the phone so the launch isn't big news for the media to report about. How many people have you talked about that didn't even know the phone was coming out? If Sprint had advertised it then you'd have 10x the people interested in it and then they would have considered it newsworthy for the free press. As it is now, half the media probably doesn't even know anything about it to give it press.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones