• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So is that it? Can I get the Droid now?

Dude, I've been holding off waiting to get my Android phone for 2 months now. I'm gonna need Google and Verizon to release the N1 sooner rather than later. Time is money for them, every day that goes by they are literally burning $100 dollar bills - - as spring approaches, people are going to get interested in the redesigned iPhone, so get on your horse Google and Verizon and get this phone out, my cold cash is standing by! :thinking:

Upvote 0
I am hoping for some sort of leak Thursday or Friday (maybe FCC approval?) or early next week...

If logic prevails (which it sometimes does), then Verizon would want to keep a TIGHT lid on all N1/HTC rumors/leaks/release dates until they are past the holiday return deadline (Wed, Jan 13th).

After which, the most prudent thing would be to release it ASAP... For all the aforementioned reasons (iPhone rumors, even newer/faster hardware in Summer, etc...)

Remember, Verizon cares more about locking people into contracts than anything else... so they would miss a huge window of possible new subscribers/contract extensions if they let the N1 wait until spring.

Upvote 0
I dunno..that guy could be pulling your leg...a chick he was in bed with has a friend who's in the know....but I guess its just a couple more days till the 13th...

Can't believe I didnt know that thread existed....one of the negatives of a forum that is laid out like this, is that related threads are in multiple forums so you have to jump around between the carrier, the phone name, and manufacturer just to keep up with everything...

Upvote 0
when i returned my eris yesterday and he asked why, i told him about battery life, lag, slow processor, etc, and then threw out there that i wanted to wait until the next big thing hit, then i'd definitely jump on that. i asked him if anything besides the nexus one and the palms were on the horizon. this guy (who i admit didnt seem to know THAT much) said the Motorola rep was just in and said the store was going to be getting a shipment in of new phones in about 3-4 wks. i tried to find out more, but he said he didnt know, and for me to check back in in a month. my guess would be the droid devour? i (of course) mentioned the passion, but he looked clueless about it.

I dunno..that guy could be pulling your leg...a chick he was in bed with has a friend who's in the know....but I guess its just a couple more days till the 13th...

is it a story you hear every day? of course not. but thats how it went down. ill be talking to the chick tonight to see if my email to the vzw manager got a response.

Upvote 0
I think I would be more apt to buy a moto w/o keyboard (like the XT800 or the Sholes Tablet) than an N1...

Reading about broken and cracked screens on the N1 from being in people's pockets worries me. :eek:

I am starting to seriously doubt we are going to hear about any new devices for a few months -- if nothing leaks by Fri, I think I might pull the trigger on the Droid.

Upvote 0
I've had my Droid for a week now, after waiting two months for the Passion. I tell you, it has REALLY grown on me. I think the Droid is sexy as hell now. It works beautifully without all the problems folks with the Nexus seem to have, and the keyboard, which I hated in the store, is growing on me as well (and useful at times). I say give the Droid a try.

Upvote 0
Gonna take the wife into a store today to play with a droid (we both upgrade at the same time to the same phone...)... Then I will probably call telesales tomorrow and order, unless some new info drops (like an FCC doc) on a new Verizon phone that makes me think it will come by the end of the month...

Like I said in my earlier post -- Nexus 1 screens are cracking from the pressure put on them from being in people's pockets! That is an epic fail for me -- not to mention the headaches from dealing with google customer service, vs being able to walk into a Verizon store and swap out for a new phone right away.

AND, Android 2.1 will make the droid pretty indistinguishable from the N1 for most users...

Upvote 0
Ah hell no. Now its the 16th? I've been waiting since thanksgiving for a phone to replace my storm . Then it was Xmas th. All the time it was wait a few more days. No that's it. I'm ordering the droid today. If something comes out within the next 30 days then ill consider.

I feel your pain. It's hard to believe I have been checking these forums and all the other sites for information about a new HTC Android device religiously since October and still nothing concrete. At this point I want to give in and get the Droid too but I don't think I could ever get used to the keyboard and the weight of it. So for now I continue waiting... at least until beginning/middle of February, we have to get some solid facts by then or else I'm jumping ship.

Upvote 0
The 16th? Where did that date come from? Their policy was the 13th?

Man, to hell with this, I'm just gonna get the Droid and if something better comes out within 30 days, I'll return, if not, I'll just live with the Droid (its not like its a piss poor device like the Storm or something)

Ah hell no. Now its the 16th? I've been waiting since thanksgiving for a phone to replace my storm . Then it was Xmas th. All the time it was wait a few more days. No that's it. I'm ordering the droid today. If something comes out within the next 30 days then ill consider.

^^^ LOL it will never end...the 13th was the date, then somone said 16th, now you say 25th...

I couldn't wait...ordered my Droid today, with Free Overnight, I'll be getting it tomorrow.

DROOOOOOOOOID

is you ordering a droid so important you had to post it 3 times in this thread alone?

Upvote 0
^^^ LOL who died and made you a mod?

The first was my plan to purchase after the 13th...it hadn't been the 13th yet so I didnt buy (first quote)...then some guy says its really the 16th.....then someone else comes and says 24th, and I said I'm GOING to buy it today (second quote)......as I've said all along I've been waiting and needed to draw the line somewhere...so hence, today, the 14th, I ORDERED my Droid (third quote).

Don't worry, I won't post when I RECEIVE it in the mail, nor will I post when I ACTIVATE it....or will I? LOL

Upvote 0
^^^ LOL who died and made you a mod?

The first was my plan to purchase after the 13th...it hadn't been the 13th yet so I didnt buy (first quote)...then some guy says its really the 16th.....then someone else comes and says 24th, and I said I'm GOING to buy it today (second quote)......as I've said all along I've been waiting and needed to draw the line somewhere...so hence, today, the 14th, I ORDERED my Droid (third quote).

Don't worry, I won't post when I RECEIVE it in the mail, nor will I post when I ACTIVATE it....or will I? LOL

I'll spare you the rundown of my "plan" - past and present. It begins mid-August 2009 (yes, 2009). I've flaked out on drawing a line many times, but all for a good reason. No compromise.

Upvote 0
Well I finally got it. Ordered it on Thursday and was supposed to get it Friday but stupid fedex couldn't get in my gate. So icalled them and gave them my gate code and they were to deliver it Saturday. Well/I wasn't home when they came so they needed a signature so had to wait trill Monday to get it. Am using yhe physical keyboard yo type this. Kinda hard and slow

Anyway I'm gonna post my observations in a thread I have in the regular droid forum

Upvote 0
Well I finally got it. Ordered it on Thursday and was supposed to get it Friday but stupid fedex couldn't get in my gate. So icalled them and gave them my gate code and they were to deliver it Saturday. Well/I wasn't home when they came so they needed a signature so had to wait trill Monday to get it. Am using yhe physical keyboard yo type this. Kinda hard and slow

Anyway I'm gonna post my observations in a thread I have in the regular droid forum

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones