• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So it only comes in Black?

There were rumors before the may 12th event that there would be a white version of the evo... there were even prototypes with white backs but it appears that the evo is only coming in black?

I asked a chat representative on sprint.com and she only said "i cannot commit on the subject". Anyone else hopeful that a white version might show it's face (or back for that matter) before june 4th? Should I just accept the fact that it will be black and remind myself how little the color actually matters?

Either way... can't wait to get my evo!!!

ohhhhhhhh yahhhhh I completely forgot about the HTC Supersonic white version....and I agree with Covert, Jackson definitely seemed to have inside information, it's your responsibility to take all "insider" information with a grain of salt. the $10 increase) was probably not anything a phone developer would be privy to, so I don't think you can fault Jackson for that one. I remember Sprint's Supersonic forum losing momentum and then all of a sudden Jackson came along and started all the hype again, if it wasn't for him I probably would've stopped looking into this phone back in Jan-Feb.

Reactions: Covert_Death
Upvote 0
you know, you guys who keep bashing jackson are kinda overdoing it... he did get the release date AND the price right... imo the two biggest things, he was INVITED to this forum because of his insider info, he has had info on alot of phones besides this one and they have all turned out true... as much as you disklike him simply because "it's what the crowd is doing" is getting really old, can we all just move along now?

to answer the OP, yes only black, the white was production
Jackson is a pos he got the dates wrong and said the internal memory was going to be much bigger than the incredible and also mentioned it would come in different colors. Wrong on all accounts so how did this dude help us?

Reactions: mrk
Upvote 0
you know, you guys who keep bashing jackson are kinda overdoing it... he did get the release date AND the price right... imo the two biggest things, he was INVITED to this forum because of his insider info, he has had info on alot of phones besides this one and they have all turned out true... as much as you disklike him simply because "it's what the crowd is doing" is getting really old, can we all just move along now?

to answer the OP, yes only black, the white was production

Yea, dates were wrong and i guessed the price as 199 the day I heard about the phone. It's a common price for a non-world smart phone. Does this make me a prophet?

Upvote 0
You people are like children.

STFU and carry on with your lives.

Boohoo...Jackson said some stuff incorrectly or was wrong. It's your choice to believe him. Fooled you once? Shame on you. Fooled you again? Shame on you again. We call those kinds of moments ID10T's in my industry.

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it...saddle bags.

Upvote 0
When I pre-ordered the HTC Evo through the EVP website, it was listed as "HTC Evo 4G Black" which gives me the impression that they may have another color coming out later in the future..

that's very interesting! do they state the color for all phones? like for instance does the sprint hero have "HTC Hero Silver"? I'm not going to wait past June 4th to see if there are other color options but maybe Sprint could still surprise us in the next few weeks.

Upvote 0
that's very interesting! do they state the color for all phones? like for instance does the sprint hero have "HTC Hero Silver"? I'm not going to wait past June 4th to see if there are other color options but maybe Sprint could still surprise us in the next few weeks.

No, I've noticed on the website they only indicate the color only if there's more than one. For instance Blackberry Curve has red, black, or purple. And like the HTC Touch Pro 2, it doesn't show a color since there's only one.

Upvote 0
You people are like children.

STFU and carry on with your lives.

Boohoo...Jackson said some stuff incorrectly or was wrong. It's your choice to believe him. Fooled you once? Shame on you. Fooled you again? Shame on you again. We call those kinds of moments ID10T's in my industry.

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it...saddle bags.

Nuthugger which Jackson dickryder are you? Lol

Upvote 0
Nuthugger which Jackson dickryder are you? Lol

Let's act our age, not our shoe size. Shall we? Grow up kid. It's life. People are wrong all the time, even when they think they are right (you should know). If you can't handle it, step away from this forum. No one will miss you and your whiny ass complaining. Okay kiddo?

Consider this your one and only warning folks, keep it on topic and no more jackson bashing or you will get a quick boarding pass to Banlandia.

TS out

Thank you.

Anyway...I wish they'd make a white one. I kinda want to differentiate mine from my brothers, but perhaps if I see those cases in person (that Rob had in his review) and they aren't too bulky I'll just get one of those.

Upvote 0
Let's act our age, not our shoe size. Shall we? Grow up kid. It's life. People are wrong all the time, even when they think they are right (you should know). If you can't handle it, step away from this forum. No one will miss you and your whiny ass complaining. Okay kiddo?

Thank you.

Anyway...I wish they'd make a white one. I kinda want to differentiate mine from my brothers, but perhaps if I see those cases in person (that Rob had in his review) and they aren't too bulky I'll just get one of those.

i'll probably just get a white case as well. i am concerned that it will be too bulky though, it's already a large phone and i wear skinny jeans! guess i'll decide when i see it in person.

Upvote 0

Thank you.

the kid you have a picture of a drawn out car on your Avatar LOL Kiddo please...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones