• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root So I've Been Trying to Figure Out this WiFi Issue

Branhower

Oct 25, 2012
I've been on this for months, all though it felt like years.

The gist of the issue is; with any Sense-based (this includes Senseless) ROMs, I can connect to my WiFi network just fine. It's when I flash an AOSP/AOKP/CM ROM that I run into issues. Connection gets spotty, where it almost feels like it connects when it wants to. If I leave the range of the WiFi network then come back, usually; it connects. The thing is, I don't feel like going outside just to connect my phone to the WiFi network! :stupido3:

What have I tried? Resetting the router (which works, but again; it's the same thing as going outside), creating a Wireless-G "sub-net" (which made the others that live with me a little miffed, since they saw two networks in the same space :thinking: ), and WPS (which doesn't work at all, because the phone still has a hard time discovering the network). I even flipped between Sense-based and AOSP to see if it was my imagination. It wasn't.

I have the DGN-3500 from Netgear (which I really don't recommend, and had no hand in buying); and a little Googling revealed that Wireless-N over 5 GHz is not supported, so that can't be it, but I don't think it's interference because the Sense-based ROMs work just fine all the time. It's got to be in the software somewhere. Is 2.4 GHz support spotty? Or is it just my router?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones