1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root So I've reached the final step, and lucky me...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redhotchilis64, Mar 1, 2011.

1. redhotchilis64

None

Apr 15, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    I'm getting a "no such file or directory" error.

The guide I'm following (How To: Root the Motorola CLIQ XT / Quench | TheUnlockr) tells me some codes to put into ConnectBot and then close ConnectBot.

Those lines of code seem to execute successfully, assuming they're successful because I ran into no errors, and I got the "Forked xxxx childs" response.

Then the guide tells me to close ConnectBot. That's where I run into trouble. It always stops responding when I try to close it. I'll click menu, then disconnect, and I always have to end up force closing it. Even then, it doesn't close out. I have to terminate it from within the Android's applications manager. That's the only way for me to close it.

Then my guide tells me to re-open ConnectBot, hopefully to see a # instead of a $. I do see a #, but then the last line of code I try to put in comes up with this error: "/sdcard/Superuser.apl: No such file or directory"

And I have to close out of ConnectBot... and I don't have a Superuser Permissions app in my app list.

And I'm pretty upset that I've made it to the final step without running into much of anything.

Anyone have any idea what I should do at this point? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. burn-n-daylight

None

Mar 15, 2010
    Washington State
    I have now made it to this step with the same result HELP

__I got it!
    I closed the screen on my computer and re-opened it then re did the connect bot steps for .../install-root.sh