1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So Just might have to RETURN

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by noodle15, Dec 27, 2011.

1. noodle15

noodle15 Member

So how many returned their device?

After almost 2 weeks of literally playing with this device I am on the edge about returning. Have had a couple hickups like a reboot here and a freakout out when I was in dial pad.
    My biggest concern is the switching from 3g-LTE, usually it is okay as long as 4g is not out, but it shows I have 2-3 bars of LTE service but voice calls went straight to voicemail. Hmm is it in between networks where I am sitting? This seems very inconsistent for a flagship device. Also when I have some calls they seem distorted and cannot even really hear the caller. I need this device to be a phone and email producer before a toy and internet browser.

I liked the phone but some stuff I seem to not look past. What are everyones thoughts.

pragmatous likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pragmatous

pragmatous Android Enthusiast

Have you tried at all contacting verizon to trouble shoot the problems? Sounds like a combination of a sim, phone, and an account problem.

3. jkmasi

jkmasi Android Enthusiast

I returned mine today, mainly because of the poor quality of the shots I was getting with the camera, and some unpredictable quirks. Went back to my Incredible2 that with Go Launcher installed is much quicker, and more reliable. I don't have 4g in my area, so that was not a factor. On 3G, the nexus is slower than my incredible2, or at least it seems that way. I will still be dropping into this forum, just to see how things are going. I'm sure there will be an ice cream sandwich device in my future, just not this one. Enjoy!

4. LTE is data not voice, so it may be more network related if the calls are going through and going to your voicemail I assume is what you are talking about? Maybe try calling verizon and see about getting a different sim or them trouble shooting your device.

5. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

network problem. my buddie's bionic has had the same exact issues in a different part of the country as me.

6. reimerj

reimerj Newbie

I am an IT professional and I have to have a phone above all. I believe that this will be a great phone after being update a time or two but for now my job requires as much reliability as possible. I am probably have to return mine as well.

reimerj

7. pragmatous

pragmatous Android Enthusiast

I'm returning it. The screen banding is annoying at night when I'm trying to read a book. Not to mention the 4g in my area sucks. I'll just use my droid incredible and buy the asus transformer as I originally planned.

8. jdavis37

jdavis37 Newbie

Not sure if you meant calls you were making went to voice mail, or if incoming calls did, but one feature in ICS in the contacts section is the ability to have contacts incoming calls go directly to voice mail. The option is located directly beneath the ringtone selection option and it does not give any warning when you select it. Once selected for that contact, their calls will go directly to your voicemail ( a do not disturb type setting). If this isn't applicable to your issues, please forgive. Thx

PS it is done on a per contact basis

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews