1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So many force closes?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VivaLaBarca, Sep 18, 2011.

1. VivaLaBarca

VivaLaBarca Lurker

I'm using Samsung Captivate 2.2 unrooted.
    I've had it for about 10 months and this problem has only recently been a problem -__-
    My messaging app is constantly force closing. I have read on other forums that it is because of a security hole? Other users have been able to search in their history and find mysterious unsent messages and delete them. Unfortunately, I have searched my history, deleted it multiple times, and still nothing has improved.
    I've also tried pulling my SIM and battery, but still nothing. The only thing I haven't done is factory reset, but that is going to be my last option.

(Other apps like browser and music also force close occasionally, but my messaging app force closes the most often. More than several times a day)

Anything I can do?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. iffrett

iffrett Well-Known Member

unfortunately, I think the only option here is to either do a factory reset, or just instal a custom rom.

VivaLaBarca likes this.
  3. chicknlil

chicknlil Android Enthusiast

You've probably used up all of the available memory on your phone. I know deleting history but have you deleted old messages? And how many apps are you running on your phone on a normal basis?

4. VivaLaBarca

VivaLaBarca Lurker

I think my phone memory is alright. I stay in close contact with my Task Manager and ATK. I also don't have a lot of major apps running at the same time on a daily basis. But i've noticed that killing background apps and freeing up RAM does not help the force close issue I have. So I will most likely restore and see what happens from there