1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So maybe...hypothically

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ShinySide, Aug 19, 2012.

1. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Ive been using wifi for the past 20 minutes.(First time ever on the Esteem) In that time the wifey sent me 4-5 pics via text message, and I noticed when she did my 4G would turn back on and when the pic downloaded it would go back off. So both were connected at the same time.

So it made me think, thats somewhere in samli to juggle the 2, data and wifi. So then I started thinking okay if thats in samli, and since supposedly the Esteem is VoLTE capable, being able to be in call and data being enabled/connected has to be in samli too. Right?

So smarter people then me :D Could we take stuff (Samli) from the Connect and swap out anything data related into the Esteem? Or port it? Port it how I have no clue because I cant read samli at freakin all :D But would it be possible? So we can beat Metro to the punch? That is if the Esteem is in fact VoLTE capable.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

BANG! Shoots self in the head after reading this.

Lost me homie. But that's why Im allergic to "samli". haha

ShinySide likes this.
  3. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Android Expert

Lets just get salami

4. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

In short terms can we port samli from the Connect to the Esteem so the data doesn't cut out during a call.... If it is samli. :D

Off topic but BAM! Ahahahaha [​IMG]

5. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

cold sandwiches, salami, pizza. dang i think we all need dinner.

6. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

all good in theory but we have to remeber just 1 small thing why did the attain and the connect come with the cat 3 uicc? and why are they the only phones on metro currently that allows you to be in a call while surfing the web? if u can remember that and put 2 and 2 together you come up with one answer. all that is controlled by the radio and the uicc card. so even by a miracle you could disable the function that disables 4g while being in a call you would be stuck with the fact that on our esteem we dont have that cat 3 uicc card. hope this helps understand any confusion .

a lil more details about who makes our uicc cards for metro

Source:
    Code (Text):
    1. http://thesmartsense.com/5344
    MetroPCS Selects Gemalto To Provide LTE UICC & OTA Platform

7. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Last time I tried to edit smali they found me naked and wandering up and down the highway drooling all over myself chanting " Cm9.....Cm9......Cm9" over and over again.

Ill let yall handle it this time. :D

jvillejoe likes this.
  8. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

from what i heard you were naked with just a fanypack

9. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

Nah i heard he was wearing a mankini like bruno that movie lol I means borat thanks HS for that correction lol :D

10. HereticSins

HereticSins Android Expert

Borat? Lol.

11. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

damn u got me yea my mistake borat smh where is my head today lol let me edit my post lmao

12. HereticSins

HereticSins Android Expert

Lol I knew Bruno mars was gay but damn haha

13. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

the video shows that fuzz was wearing a banana hammock and now we know why his name is fuzzy.... that's one hairy back

HereticSins likes this.
  14. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

actually i made two mistakes lol bruno mars is that singer and i meant the movie bruno looool wow im on a roll today with such epic mistakes lol

15. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

i believe the esteem is volte but due to the bs card vs the connect and attain using a cat 3 card.

16. trygunzy

trygunzy Android Enthusiast

Maybe its possible some how. There's an app in the market place that's currently in beta but it lets you combine your 4g/3g with your wifi

17. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert

yes but wifi is another story thats just leaving data on while another form data is being used. we are talking about having Lte data on or cdma 3g on while being on a call. if we really think about it do we need our uicc to make calls? i know people have said when u take it off it says only emergency calls can be made or whatever not sure so dont quote me.I believe metro will not provide us with the option to get a uicc upgrade they will use this new feature as leverage over us to force us to purchase their new product if we want that feature thats how selfish and self center they are.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews