1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So Moto has released the Wood back panels

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shalemail, Dec 17, 2013.

1. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

Not much else to say other than go to motomaker and see fo yo self!

They are $100 more than any other back, they are marked as delayed shippment and only one option so far (light wood grain) - honestly I could care less, but I know others were excited for them to come out.

Also some articles out there if you search on Google. :smokingsomb:

doogald likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert

I too fail to understand the interest in wood backs.

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

maybe if the back was swappable like the Moto G, just for fun.

But $100 for some wood? I have some woodworking tools in the basement :D

I think as a style it's neat. But I generally prefer other styles, even just black.

4. krouget

krouget Android Enthusiast

I'd really have to see it in person, first. After experiencing vehicle interiors which had both high and low quality wood veneer, the difference is pretty dramatic.

Needless to say, the wood backing on the X would have to look pretty good, but I do think it's a fun and neat option. They should definitely continue with this.

5. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

It's cool in that it's different, but I still don't understand this mainstream desire to make EVERYTHING organic. I like my technology sleek, metallic, smooth, sexy ... not organic. If I want the woods, I go camping. I made my decision on the trim level of my new car based on cheesy fake carbon fiber trim vs. cheesy fake wood grain trim.
    :D

I certainly do not want a wood phone. But again that's just me.

6. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Android Expert

I like the idea and look of the wood backs. I would need to feel it in person to decide if it was for me, though. But certainly isn't worth a $100 premium. To me, at least.

Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) release date was August 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 10MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2200mAh battery.

August 2013
Release Date
Reviews