• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

:( So much for THAT free notebook :(

Upvote 0
I got mine a few day ago....completely shocked as well.

imag0100uj.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't think I'm going to get one. While my on-line life belongs to Google (GMail, Android, etc....), I still use local apps like MS Office and OpenOffice and my browser life still belongs to FireFox. I tried to switch to Chrome. I really did. I just couldn't make it happen though. I need me some awesome bar.

Still, I wonder how many resources it takes to run Chrome OS and how hard it is to install. I like it as a possible Netbook replacement on low, low end hardware. I have an ancient (late 90s) laptop with 256 mb of ram and a 4 gb hard drive that's running Windows 98 (leftover from my wild college days). Now it's a paperweight. Could I put Chrome OS on it and have a functioning device to just watch Hulu on or send email? Chrome would need to support a USB or PCMIA wireless card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones