• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

so, my battery is going tits up. What now?

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
I have an I/O edition Tab and my battery is dieing. It's getting to the point where it no longer holds a charge. I use my tab as a comic book reader mainly in the evening. Used to be it would last 2-3 days with only a couple of hours of use in the evening. Now, I have to charge it on a daily basis. I can grab it in the evening at 100%. It's down to 50% by bed time and when I wake up in the morning it's in the 20-30% range. If I don't charge it, it's dead by the time I get home. I haven't installed any apps at all on it lately so I know it's not an app that's draining it. I fear the battery is simply at the end of it's life span.

Any ideas what to do? Is it feasible at all to replace this battery? Or should I start looking for another tablet?

I own an N7 myself which I love. I am an admitted tablet whore. The screen on the 10.1 is far, far better than the screen on the N7. But I don't mind since the N7 is just a secondary device for me. For reading comic books, you can't beat a 10" screen and I love the colors and the way things look on the 10.1.

You're saying it is possible to replace the battery with a new one?

Upvote 0
You're saying it is possible to replace the battery with a new one?
I don't know where to get a replacement, but this basically shows how to get in there:

Cracking Open the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 | TechRepublic

If you can get the battery from Samsung, and you have the tools for the job, I don't see why you can't replace it yourself. If you don't have the tools, then I guess you'll need a handy friend or send it in for replacement.

Upvote 0
I used to have an iPhone and the battery died in it. Rather than spend $80 and wait 2 weeks for Apple to replace it, I found a place online that sold the batteries for $18. The battery came with a little tool kit and they had a really nice video on how to make the change. It worked out really well. I wonder if they would have something like that for our Tabs.

This is the place: http://http://www.iphonebatteryrepair.com

Unfortunately, they only do iPhone batteries. Let's hope they have a sibling store.

PS - You might check on eBay for batteries. We've found replacement screens there for Androids.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones