1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support so my indulge crashed this morning

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tg727, May 6, 2011.

1. tg727

tg727 Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    I was listening to music while on the main screen and the drop down notification bar wouldnt drop down. So I turned my phone sideways and opened the keyboard and tried using the drop down menu again, it worked but it was only showing half of the menu and showing the apps underneath. Then it turned off. I turned it back on and did the whole start up process then it shut off again. I then took out the batt and sd card and tried it again. On the next start, before it shut off, i noticed a notification at the top: crash report notification. I then started to cry lol. My first thought was to come here and ask what I could do (if anything) and if metro would even touch my phone if they knew it was rooted, but storms knocked out power and I couldnt get online. Anyways I called the local corporate store, they said they could fix it by resetting it free of charge. I brought it in, and they said, they didnt know what happened and had to replace it. I heard there was a $30 or something exchange fee, but it was FREE!! I didn't even have insurance, a receipt, or anything. Truth be told I bought the phone used. lol. They even replaced the screen protector. My phone was rooted and had bloatware removed. I have no idea if that had anything to do with what happened. But I am weary of doing the whole rooting and bloatware removal now. Sorry for the novel, just had to share my little experience.

Advertisement

2. mk_ultra19

mk_ultra19 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    You are very lucky...considering you didn't produce a receipt!!!

3. tg727

tg727 Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    i agree. now i have insurance on it. just in case. guess the price is going up to $5 a month for that.

4. mk_ultra19

mk_ultra19 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    I took mine back the other day... I have insurance, the guy looked at it and told me the 4g would work now " which it was before i left the store " and 3 hours after I got home... it's not working again.

I am taking it back tomorrow and DEMANDING A NEW PHONE!! I PAID 423.00 brand new when it was released and for the last 2 1/2 weeks have been unable to use 4g and the data is all screwed up.

5. k0nane

k0nane Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2011
    Male
    I do stuff, with things
    Don't be. The two were absolutely unconnected.

tg727 likes this.