• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So my X10i is drunk

Gurba

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
Norway
A couple of weeks ago my X10i started acting weird after nearly one year of behaving generally fine. It hangs a couple of times a day needing battery removal and rebooting. When i wake the screen it doesn't always show the slider. Sometimes when it does show the slider it also shows the last inbound caller as if I'm getting a call but without ringing for a second or two before showing the home screen. I reinstalled the fw i couple of times and used it for about a week like this before I took it to the shop where I bought it. Hopefully I can get a refund og swap it for the Galaxy SII. :)

A couple of weeks ago my X10i started acting weird after nearly one year of behaving generally fine. It hangs a couple of times a day needing battery removal and rebooting. When i wake the screen it doesn't always show the slider. Sometimes when it does show the slider it also shows the last inbound caller as if I'm getting a call but without ringing for a second or two before showing the home screen. I reinstalled the fw i couple of times and used it for about a week like this before I took it to the shop where I bought it. Hopefully I can get a refund og swap it for the Galaxy SII. :)

OK....so you don't need any help and you are just venting?

I would have reflashed to the Generic world software....I would have formatted the SDCard and installed it all from scratch.

Oh well. Hopefully the Galaxy doesn't act 'drunk' My buddy Galaxy is quicker and already has 2.3 installed, but his phone is much more problematic than mine and drops calls on him about once every other day. But he hasn't tried to fix his phone at all.

Upvote 0
To be honest before taking the phone back I would advise formatting the memory card. The repair agents will run an update to resolve any software issues on the phone but there may be corrupt data on the memory card causing this issue.

Main Menu > Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage > Unmount SD Card > Format SD Card.

Upvote 0
Thanks but I already tried it to no avail. :)

Could try using the task manager to optimize android. If u havent tried. Downloas Task Manager and tjen there is a way under android options to change optimization from android to task manager.

After a flash u are suppose to let the phone settle down for 6 + hours so that it can optimize itself....u shouldnt try and push it to its limits for half a day.

Jjust somethin to try

Reactions: Gurba
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones