• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So now HTC has 1.2 Ghz Dual Core Processors? Why'd they skimp on our TB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1. i completely agree with this.

it's like going to the store and buying a loaf of bread, only to return a few days later and see there's a new loaf of bread with a later expiration date than the one you purchased. well, what did you expect? they were going to stop making bread until yours expired?

...and then the op goes on to brag about how he can afford a new phone every week anyway. if money isn't an object then why get riled up when you can buy the next hot new thing anyway?

the op asked the question why did htc skimp on the TB? it was answered very succinctly throughout this thread. they didn't skimp on the TB, vzw skimped on having their network ready to deploy the TB. all the while, HTC kept their wheels turning on their internal roadmap and pushing out new phones.

i'm not convinced the op really 'gets it' or understands how new technology is developed and released. maybe now they do...

Oh so your back with the big mouth again in a brand new Thread to troll. How the OP said this and that. All you do is flame and troll threads. I got a great idea pal, if you dont like the Thread, then keep it moving. Your analogies are annoying already. I'm the OP BZB, so u can directly refer to me as Sean!!! A loaf of bread? Your comparing a loaf of bread expiring to the TB missing out on SOME KEY 2011 SPECS. No my man, you have it all wrong. You don't get it!

Upvote 0
I get the BIG picture buddy...And 1 year agreements are OVER IN VZW Land! Maybe you missed the memo.

THIS along with pushing mid range phones at premium prices is part of the same strategy. VZW are banking on customers putting up with it, rather than leave and get weaker data coverage. Tiered data pricing will be the trifecta' ;) ....... :(

Upvote 0
It is upsetting to see new phones coming when you just bought one. But do any of these new phones have a kickstand?

In all seriousness though, this is my strategy. I have confirmed with Verizon that this will work. Both me and my wife have lines. Both lines upgrade at the same time, which is next January. Verizon said I could upgrade one line, get a new phone, and wait to upgrade the other line for as long as I want. I can upgrade HER line, get the newer phone, but activate the phone on MY line. My wife gets the phone I just had and I get the new one. A year later I upgrade MY line, get a newer phone, give her my old one. A year later, same thing. It equals an upgrade a year, just like a one year contract. Then you're never too worried about the next phone making yours look weak.

Upvote 0
Not seeing this at all from the OP. Seems the summary of points is VZW are lagging with phone options compared to most of the competition. If you do not have 4G, the TB is an average device with no real improvement over products a cycle ago and even less space than the Incredible. Well, there IS data/voice at same time, but folks should feel this is an honor to have?

Seems VZW is taking advantage of consumers by pumping out mid-line products at premium prices and using 4G and their far better data coverage as leverage..... I would be doing the same thing if I were them, so I can not be two-faced about it.

Why push the premium stuff for less margin, when they can ship a 4G radio with a cheaper chipset and crippled 8gb internal? ;)

Rush don't bother going back and fourth with this guy! He does nothing but Troll threads...he's been warned a few times to keep the bickering and nonsense to a minimum. This is just one of those trouble makers who can't play nice with the other kids in the sandbox. The Mods will get to him sooner or later.

Upvote 0
Oh so your back with the big mouth again in a brand new Thread to troll. How the OP said this and that. All you do is flame and troll threads. I got a great idea pal, if you dont like the Thread, then keep it moving. Your analogies are annoying already. I'm the OP BZB, so u can directly refer to me as Sean!!! A loaf of bread? Your comparing a loaf of bread expiring to the TB missing out on SOME KEY 2011 SPECS. No my man, you have it all wrong. You don't get it!

Fanboy-itis is not trolling, but is an affliction that distorts rational thought :)

Upvote 0
It is upsetting to see new phones coming when you just bought one. But do any of these new phones have a kickstand?

In all seriousness though, this is my strategy. I have confirmed with Verizon that this will work. Both me and my wife have lines. Both lines upgrade at the same time, which is next January. Verizon said I could upgrade one line, get a new phone, and wait to upgrade the other line for as long as I want. I can upgrade HER line, get the newer phone, but activate the phone on MY line. My wife gets the phone I just had and I get the new one. A year later I upgrade MY line, get a newer phone, give her my old one. A year later, same thing. It equals an upgrade a year, just like a one year contract. Then you're never too worried about the next phone making yours look weak.

Lol...that is true! Nobody has this awesome kickstand, not even the new EVO 3D. And honestly, I find it definitely comes in handy.

Upvote 0
Whatever he may be, its annoying brother.

Who are you? Dog the Bounty Hunter? You posted an opinion that you felt like you got shafted on the TB (a phone that should have been out in November WELL ahead of the first DC phones and way too far into development to change) and people have called you on it. Quit being a gigantic douche about it, you're worse than my 12 year old niece. Sure some of them have been dick holes about it, but saying "ZOMG you should be banned TROLLZ" is no more mature than them.

Verizon and HTC's business plans, both, are working out pretty good I'd say.

Upvote 0

First of all I wasn't talking to you, I was talking about your opinion. Second of all just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view it doesn't make them a troll. To the contrary, it gives people a better overall pov on these types of unreasonable expectations like yours. Third you whine about people posting a certain way in reply to your posts yet you antagonize the situation by calling people big mouths or trolls. Can't have your cake and eat it too on the internets.

As for the TB missing out on key 2011 specs, it wasn't intended to be a 2011 phone. Why can't you get that? You don't seem that dense.

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
Who are you? Dog the Bounty Hunter? You posted an opinion that you felt like you got shafted on the TB (a phone that should have been out in November WELL ahead of the first DC phones and way too far into development to change) and people have called you on it. Quit being a gigantic douche about it, you're worse than my 12 year old niece. Sure some of them have been dick holes about it, but saying "ZOMG you should be banned TROLLZ" is no more mature than them.

Nope I'm not dog the bounty hunter. And a guy like that brings out the worst in people on a Forum. I didn't say the guy should get banned, honestly I could care less. However, he always has extreme negativity in all the threads he visits. Hey its cool. It is what it is! I won't loose any sleep. All I said was that the TB could have been speced out a little bit better, and HTC could have done a smidge more. Maybe that angers some people? You would think I outted a Thread insulting they're mother.Samsung brought they're GalaxyS 2 line back before releasing it to add a 1.2Ghz instead of the original 1Ghz...so enhancements could be made last minute, got knows how much time the TB's were sitting in a warehouse while VZW got this 4G outting ready.
Either way, no nasty language needed.

Upvote 0
First of all I wasn't talking to you, I was talking about your opinion. Second of all just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view it doesn't make them a troll. To the contrary, it gives people a better overall pov on these types of unreasonable expectations like yours. Third you whine about people posting a certain way in reply to your posts yet you antagonize the situation by calling people big mouths or trolls. Can't have your cake and eat it too on the internets.

As for the TB missing out on key 2011 specs, it wasn't intended to be a 2011 phone. Why can't you get that? You don't seem that dense.

It wasn't intended to be a 2011 phone? The phone was released in March of 2011. And even if if was outted when it was supposed to be, Jan 2011...that is still 2011 I believe. We still are in 2011 right? Would you buy a 2011 Mercedes with the assumption that its running with all the 2010 options? HTC was well aware of what they were doing. Some agree, some don't. I won't go out you no more man, it just fuels the fire for negativity. You don't agree with anything I said...that's cool. Let's keep it moving and avoid any more nonsense. Would u agree?

Upvote 0
It wasn't intended to be a 2011 phone? The phone was released in March of 2011. And even if if was outted when it was supposed to be, Jan 2011...that is still 2011 I believe. We still are in 2011 right? Would you buy a 2011 Mercedes with the assumption that its running with all the 2010 options? HTC was well aware of what they were doing. Some agree, some don't. I won't go out you no more man, it just fuels the fire for negativity. You don't agree with anything I said...that's cool. Let's keep it moving and avoid any more nonsense. Would u agree?
Actually 2011 Models do come out at the end of 2010. SO basically your getting 2010 options.

Upvote 0

I don't agree with your unreasonable expectations or how you address people who don't agree with you as a troll. Even though I wasn't posting to you.

The TB was intended to be released earlier than it was and for all intents and purposes they delivered the product when VZW requested it. BUT VZW didn't have their network ready. It's not HTC fault the phone was released later than expected. It also shouldn't stop them for releasing newer models on other carriers. Blaming HTC for releasing a phone that you perceive to be outdated is not accurate and gives the perception that you don't understand how products are developed by the manufacturers but inevitably released when the carrier is ready.

If you want to avoid nonsense then you can choose to be less sensitive when people don't agree with you. And you can refrain from calling people trolls or big mouths when they don't agree with you. That would be the adult thing to do. After all, this is an open forum and we're all allowed to discuss our pov even if it doesn't agree with others.

Upvote 0

Too good, since if folks accept the mid level phones for premium price strategy, the main dual core for VZW will be the iPhone 5.

The TB with working internal storage and a Snap dual core would be nice :)

Upvote 0
i was following this phone last october and i really wanted it to release in november. that said, i knew when i bought this phone it would be surpassed in tech quickly just as most of us did. lets not forget we got what we thought we were getting here. a great device that we can fully root and enjoy! no smoke and mirrors :)

it took longer than i thought it would for someone to release this thread though lol.

Reactions: EgoDogg and McLabia
Upvote 0

Solid strategy my friend.

Upvote 0
alright guys, you're not going to convince sean that he hasn't been somewhat slighted. You have all made your points that you disagree. Show some respect and courtesy of your fellow forum members and just agree to disagree and move on. You wouldn't want someone coming to a thread you started bashing you for your opinion. Like it or not we all have a right to an opinion. It solves absolutely nothing to highjack a thread and tell the OP he's stupid for having it.

Reactions: ska.t73
Upvote 0

this is exactly what im doing now. i still have my wifes upgrade ready to go and she is fine with my thunderbolt later on :)

gotta love her! :D

Upvote 0
alright guys, you're not going to convince sean that he hasn't been somewhat slighted. You have all made your points that you disagree. Show some respect and courtesy of your fellow forum members and just agree to disagree and move on. You wouldn't want someone coming to a thread you started bashing you for your opinion. Like it or not we all have a right to an opinion. It solves absolutely nothing to highjack a thread and tell the OP he's stupid for having it.

Good points...There really hasn't been a lot of respect flowing through the Forums the last month or so. At the end of the day, hardly any of us will loose any sleep based on any of the talk here. However, respect for fellow forum members has been lacking, and its been viewed as cool to call people names and hijack threads with supreme negativity if disagreement is at hand. Thank you for stating your view . That's really the correct way of viewing things.

Upvote 0
I think this thread has wore out it's usefulness. All viewpoints have been explored, all opinions have been crammed down other's throats.

Rather than trying to sort out the bickering and delete every other post...

Thread closed

[UBR shaking his head like he does when his 6 year old and 9 year old are fighting over what TV show to watch]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones