• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root so now im rooted, but now my phone isnt working right

nightelvesreasy

Oct 24, 2009
Minnesota
I ended up rooting to BB0.2 lastnight, did not have a chance to download 0.3, I have not installed any kernals yet, but just wondering why my camera and power buttons no longer work? do I need to script them, and what is the point of typing in scripts anyways, it just seems like more work to do rather than pushing a button to power off the phone. Also, if there was a problem with instalation, how do I revert the phone back to stock and start over, stock meaning non-rooted

Can you get into recovery? perhaps a battery pull then power up holding the X button till recovery menu comes up. if you can, download and install BB.3. lots of bug fixes in it. give that a shot, or try another rom. lots of great choices out there. chevy's froyo builds are pretty good, haven't tried the other yet. good luck and ask away if you have more questions.

Upvote 0
Can you get into recovery? perhaps a battery pull then power up holding the X button till recovery menu comes up. if you can, download and install BB.3. lots of bug fixes in it. give that a shot, or try another rom. lots of great choices out there. chevy's froyo builds are pretty good, haven't tried the other yet. good luck and ask away if you have more questions.

Agreed. No offense to Pete but from what I heard(never actually ran it) BBv.2 was far from bugless. I would get rid of that and go with BBv.3 or one of the new source roms that is out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones