1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So pumped

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lostdog_54, Dec 30, 2012.

1. lostdog_54

lostdog_54 Lurker

UPS has my N4 and delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. My straight talk SIM is on the way, and I'm enjoying some QT with my original Incredible as it winds down a life of loyal use and dependability.

I'm excited and just wanted to share!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. stevevercs

stevevercs Well-Known Member

You wont be disappointed mate. :D

Let us know what you think of it .........

3. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Ahhhhhh the Incredible! Probably my all time favorite Android device...

4. Loper_fan

Loper_fan Lurker

Looks like mine will be delivered today as well. Hope they can find me in the snow. And this will be my first Android, coming over from the Symbian world.

5. njs11usc

njs11usc Member

Im in the same boat as you guys. Very excited and perfect timing. My Evo V decided that it doesn't want to send text messages today for whatever reason.

6. lostdog_54

lostdog_54 Lurker

Just brought it in and am charging it up now.

To quote the old man in A Christmas Story....

"Its.....its indescribably beautiful!"

Now I need to figure out how I'm going to set it up. Vital apps and such. My poor Incredible is already feeling neglected lol.

7. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Android Enthusiast

How about an update man? I remember how I felt when I first got mine.

8. lostdog_54

lostdog_54 Lurker

Well I just got my Straight Talk card from Fed Ex an hour ago so I don't have any stories to tell about making calls or anything. But I must say using it for everything else at home on Wi-Fi is fantastic. Amazing what a difference the larger screen size does in terms of browsing/app enjoyment.

I've quickly realized I need a good case for it though. Both the front and back glass are far too slick to trust myself without one like I did with my DrInc.

Can't wait to take this baby on the road tomorrow and test it out making some calls. The last few days' wait has killed me.

9. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert

You wont be dissapointed its AMAZING

10. KaiserM715

KaiserM715 Newbie

That is my plan!! Phone is out for delivery today, sim card will show up early next week.

11. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

Congrats guys! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

12. lostdog_54

lostdog_54 Lurker

Now that I'm up and running I love it. Couldn't be happier. The stock Android is taking some getting used to, since my only real experience with Android was my time with my Incredible, so the changes from Sense are new to me. But I really love this phone.

Also am torn on what case to get. This baby is far too precious to leave unprotected and the glass is slick enough that I'm paranoid every time I pick it up.

I do have a question though.....Once I open the camera and start taking photos is there any way to go straight to the gallery and view what I've taken? Seems like the only way to view is to back out and then open up the gallery. I'm guessing I'm just missing something.

13. spriteboost

spriteboost Well-Known Member

swipe to the side in the camera app it goes to your pictures :)

14. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert

That's one of may favourite features :rolleyes:

15. stevevercs

stevevercs Well-Known Member

I bought a cheap plasticy/rubbery case to keep me going until I received this one Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Translucent Smoke Flexible TPU Case for LG Nexus 4 - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories. And the difference is night and day. If i learnt anything, spend a little extra a get a bit better quality.

16. lostdog_54

lostdog_54 Lurker

Awesome, thank you.

And I ordered the case mentioned in another post after looking at a bunch of different ones, so I should be rollin'.

Thanks for the help all!

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews