1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So tablets are going to be a thing now?

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by averagewonder, Sep 26, 2014.

1. averagewonder

averagewonder Android Enthusiast

At my local metro store and see this advertisement. The guy tells me that they are coming in soon and will be running on the same plans as the phones. Has anyone else seen this? I cant really find to much about this particular tablet i went to the website but its not very helpful. They do have a spec sheet but its part of a photo album and goes by to quickly.

[​IMG]

alfick3 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. No doubt this is a franchise store and not a corporate one. No way Metro is going to "officially" support that thing, the store is probably just pushing it as a 4G device that happens to have the right bands to work on T-Mo/Metro.
    Anyway it looks like one of the dime-a-dozen generic cheap Chinese tablets that are out there, I'll take a wild guess and say it probably doesn't even have the real Play store on it because these often don't. Very high chances that it's a POS and I'd stay far away.

3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

I just Googled "Cybertec Saturn" and it returned zero results. As Fox said, it's almost certainly a cheap generic tablet.

Off Brand Phones and Tablets

4. averagewonder

yeah this was the only information i could find.

Tablets | Cybertec / Cybercell

It just seems odd to me that they would say they are going to be using the same plans as the phones. Wouldn't they have to get some kind of permission from Tmobile to use the tablets on the network. I mean I could see a person or two using a work around but for a store to be doing it seems strange to me.

5. No doubt the tablet is just as crappy as the website.
    You don't want this, trust us.

6. dportal2006

dportal2006 Android Enthusiast

Looks like a bootlegged IPad imitation. Don't buy it.

7. averagewonder

O I'm not going to never had the intention to. I just found it odd

8. the hulk

the hulk Android Enthusiast

they're full of crap, thats not metro branded

9. averagewonder

Either way might be nice if you could bring an att or T-Mobile tablet And be able to use the $40 plan on it.

10. confed

confed Android Expert

There was somebody on here (maybe a different forum) that already had a tablet up and running on Metro. Well, that was what was posted at least.

11. Linttrap172

Linttrap172 Lurker

Well the good and bad news is...

Good: Metro PCS is indeed getting it's first Tablet which will go on sale for 149

Bad: It's the Alcatel Pop7