1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So the random reboots begin...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by avalidusername, Apr 20, 2012.

1. avalidusername

I read about this just the other day and so it begins on my phone too. You can't tell me its the stock rom because it happens on CM7 too for others.

My phone has randomly rebooted twice in under 5 hours. Recent changes include the addition of SugarSync app just before it began and Colornote and Pandora the day before. Received update for preinstalled Ubersocial a few days ago.

It would really suck if I couldn't use SugarSync with this phone. But it would really really suck if it were no fault of any app. I've read of defective units doing this out of the box.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

I don't have any of the apps you list (I rooted mine specifically to get rid of Ubersocial), and it happens to me occasionally, too.

3. avalidusername

Doesn't necessarily mean you don't have something installed that could be doing it as well. For me its been twice in 5 hours which so far is more than ocassional but I suppose I need more time to determine that.

4. Cyta

Cyta Well-Known Member

I was getting reboots on cm7 and what I did was simply installed the stock cm7 launcher in recovery without deleting cache or stuff like that and I havent had a single reboot in over a month now. Once I seen it was working flawlessly I backed it up in cwm.

5. Rolo42

Rolo42 Android Enthusiast

I had terrible random reboot problems (2-6x/day); it was a new phone and I installed a bunch of stuff (CM7), so I just wiped, started over with adding apps slowly.

Now, I have it on occasion (twice in ~3 weeks) and Voxer (killer app) seems to be the trigger.

You may wish to do the same. On my first build, I did have Pandora but I didn't bother on the new build.

6. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

I'm on the stock ROM, don't have Voxer or Pandora.

Trivial note: I happened to glance at my phone just at the right time to see it booting (it was on the charge cable at the time). I had not heard my shutdown sound, but did hear the startup sound when it reached that point. This is typical.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews