• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

so the weekend is over...still no update

Download Astro from the market, and use it to rename and then copy and paste/move/cut and paste the file to the sdcard folder. I attempted this multiple times over my phone this weekend... And then realized that my AT&T build wasn't the build that this update was looking for.

Oh well, now the decision to root or wait?

Upvote 0
Oh well, now the decision to root or wait?

Personally, I rooted a while ago to get tethering and various other applications that required it, so the decision for me was easy, haha. I would root though, the update is easy enough to install, and it makes the phone way better. Then again, I'm sure the OTA will be rolling around soon enough, I'm just the impatient type.

Upvote 0
I did it using Astro.

In all likelyhood, this is the stock update. I forced the 2.1 update 1 with no problems.

If it turns out that the update is not the full version or finished version you will always be able to install the correct update later. It won't take long for the file to end up on here! Then you can just repeat the process again - easy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones