1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So...warranty replacements..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dysnomia, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Dysnomia

Dysnomia Well-Known Member

So lately my phone had been going whacky..so I called in for a replacement. When I got the first one, the screen felt like it was about to fall off, so i called again, sent it back and got another, the second, and the same screen problem, and was actually scratched up. How could that pass inspection? and now the third one, has the loose screen, and the flat lame keyboard that I have problems typing on. Now before I send this one back...is there anything I can say to try and get a new phone, or an upgrade? o_O

Advertisement

2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Dont quote me but I have heard people in the past has gotten a new phone if they get 4 dud replacement phones. You could just say hey I am tired of the bad quality of these refurb phones and I would like an incredible or whatever phone you would like. It cant hurt and do this at verizion and you might get it. Just be nice but firm when you talk.

3. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

It is 100% of them, it is not part of any contract or deal that they HAVE to replace the phone with a new one regardless of the number of times it has been replaced.

But if you are nice and firm they may very well give you a new one, just remember there is nothing saying they have to.

And I am surprised, beyond the volume butotn acting wonky I have never had a bad refurb on the Droid.

4. Dysnomia

Dysnomia Well-Known Member

Soo I called again today, unlike the other three operators, this one was actually nice. Said he could send me a different phone, so I'm getting an incredible, just charging me 20 bucks for a battery and back, not too bad.