1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

so we have recovery...what about a ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by plasticarmyman, Dec 26, 2012.

1. plasticarmyman

plasticarmyman Android Expert

Well, i figured this would get your attention...I was looking around and I figured since the Optimus 4X recovery is very similar to ours, (their bootloader is still locked and whatnot) then we could take some tips from their development board...and well....i saw this thread

[DEV][WIP] Porting & Booting Custom Rom via 2nd-Init

so maybe we could use this as a guide on doing the same thing...

I know that a lot of phones that have locked bootloaders still have a CM7-CM9 rom...so why not try this with our phone?....

that thread doesn't have much...but we should keep an eye on it..

Also we can ask people over at the Droid X forums for help...they have dealt with the same thing as we are dealing with...(a locked bootloader but a 2ndinit recovery)

The only setback with a 2nd init recovery is not being able to flash a kernel...which means no OCing...which we have anyways because of a fault at LG...so let's forget about the drama and let's get this tiny powerhouse working even better than it is already...

We're like 4 huge steps forward in the custom rom front...we just need some help building a CM Rom...which we already have an Alpha of anyways...

Sepero likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. roachdogg28

roachdogg28 Member

Nice find BTW, and good encouraging words.

As far as the OC'ing goes... we still need more. The s4 chips specs recommend maximum of 1.7ghz. So if/when the bootloader is unlocked, then we will have to take advantage.

3. plasticarmyman

plasticarmyman Android Expert

of course, 1.7 would be awesome....but 1.5 instead of 1.2 is awesome as well :p and we know it is stable :)

4. Diego1593

Diego1593 Android Enthusiast

The s4 can be clock to 2.1 i saw it with my own eyes 0.0 and its stable but battery drawing and awesome game play !

5. kidkrooks

kidkrooks Newbie

yeah but when are we gonna ever need that power on a motion with its small screen? i mean yeah games are awesome but your finger takes up 1/8 of the screen

twogbsd likes this.

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews