1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General So what are my chances?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MIGzNYC, Sep 12, 2012.

1. MIGzNYC

MIGzNYC Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    So I just recently got my evo design from boost mobile. Its rooted and runs really smooth. Now i didnt know that boost was getting the s2 this month when I bought it. heres what I want to do...

I was told that if i didnt like the phone I have within 30 days I can return it and switch phones. its well within the 30 day period. If i were to return the phone back to stock and lock the bootloader you think I will have any problems trying to return it?

Advertisement

2. guyphs

guyphs Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Worst they can say is no.

3. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    If you remove any traces of rooting/unlocking then they will never even know.

4. MIGzNYC

Aug 24, 2012
    Very true... lol... plus if they notice then my warranty would be voided and i can take off the $5 I pay for inssurace. :D

The only part that has me worried a lil is that after relocking I read somewhere that the bootloader says re-locked or something like that

5. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    I know on my galaxy nexus when I re locked it it just showed up as locked. They likely won't know the difference either wau

6. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Male
    Phoenix, AZ
    I know that some resellers may not care, but on the htc bootloader it does say re-locked. Its definitely worth a try, I would recommend trying. I have no issues with this phone, definitely a step up from my old prevail. But had the s2 been available during my 30 day period, I would have tried to switch it up.

7. MIGzNYC

Aug 24, 2012
    Thanks guys I will be going to the store this weekend to give it a try... Wish me luck