• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So What Are Your Views?

...Taxes: Taxes should be equal. If I am rich... tax me 10% if you are poor... you get taxed 10%. If I make 1 billion dollars... the government takes 100 million. If you are poor and make 10k the government takes 1k! that is fair...
Is it though? The wealthy are always going to have to keep the poor, that I except is the only way society can practically operate; but that doesn't automatically make it fair to take from somebody just because they're wealthy.

...Legalize it... ...penalties for multiple offenses...
Surely either it's legal, or it's an offense?

...Non married couples, decision should be made as a couple. The woman isn't the only important thing in the process, I don't care if she's the one popping it out. If the man has to support the child financially, he should get a say. If man wants the child, woman doesn't, abort it. Woman wants the child, man doesn't, man is free to walk...
You must see that this paragraph is full of contradictions?

...Killing them doesn't solve anything...
Solves the problem of them re-offending. It may not be Auschwitz, but then nobody's suggesting killing people based on religion or genetics, only after due process and trial/conviction.

Upvote 0
Abortion: Pro Choice, but feel that people should look into giving the child up for adoption.

Death Penalty: Right, by killing a Murderer is protecting my family. just like military killing terrorist and enemies, (not complaining about that are you???) cause if you are going to complain about that then you should stop exercising your rights now because you obviously don't like having it.

Gun Control: Guns are AWESOME... current laws on them are good enough for me.

Immigration: Come here legally. enuf said on that

Borders: Mexicans aren't the only ones that are here as illegal immigrants.

Illegal Immigrants: go back home and come back legally

Taxes: to say that everyone should pay the same taxes is BS, just saying that the gov't should strive on what it makes on its own is bogus, cause the gov't officals don't have a consumer buying their product. and if they did then there wouldn't be a purpose for taxes.

Politicians: are shitty now and always going to be shitty get over it. if you are over 18 you had a chance to vote and if you did vote and your side lost then you should just try again next time.

Self Safety: the laws for helmets and seatbelts among other safty equip are good ones people need to be told what to do. without laws people would be stupid about it. speed limits also tie into this and you better believe i love the fact that most housing communities have slower speed limits cause they realize you can't watch your child every single second no matter how hard you try. without those laws there would be even more preventable deaths.

Upvote 0
Taxes: to say that everyone should pay the same taxes is BS, just saying that the gov't should strive on what it makes on its own is bogus, cause the gov't officals don't have a consumer buying their product. and if they did then there would be purpose for taxes.

What? People should not pay the same taxes and the government shouldn't get by with what it makes on its own? There would be a reason for taxes if the government had something to sell?

I don't understand what you're saying at all.

Upvote 0
Taxes: Flat tax. Yup. Government should only work with what the people produce. It is also equal to everyone and everyone should pay taxes, even if you only made $10,000 in a year, you should still pay taxes, it's part of being an American. No tax-exempt businesses, yes that includes churches.

^^^^^^ that is what i was referring to i just didn't want to clutter up anymore by quoting it (it is from the orig poster)

Upvote 0
Abortion: It's murder. There's a lot more depth to this question but in the end some one's life is being cut short.

Death Penalty: If the crime is severe enough...I don't see how some ones poor choices should become the taxpayers burden.

Gun control: "the right to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed" infringed - definition of infringed by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Immigration: Legally. The interpretation of "legal immigration" was left to us to decide by our founding fathers. So I'll go with what ever the current administration considers legal.

Borders: sentry guns

Illegal immigrants: Export. If countries fail to stop their people from illegally imigrating we should place sanctions against them.

Taxes: Flat tax would be nice. No taxes should be used for social programs....let them freaking die and let people become responsible for their own decisions.

Politicians: Term limits for sure. They should not control their own benefits, wages and should not be able to accept gifts of any kind.

Im with this guy

Upvote 0
If she wants it and he doesn't, he can walk out. If he can't afford it and there is a solution to remedy the issue and you still pick the "wrong" one for your situation, then you deal with it.
Sorry, I'm trying to figure out what you mean, would this be what you're saying:

Mother wants baby, but father doesn't - he can absolve himself of all responsibility.

Doesn't that seem unfair to you?

You said yourself there should be penalties for 'whores' and multiple 'offences', but a guy can have sex without contraception and just walk away from the consequences?

Upvote 0
the thing that irks me the most about the abortion issue is this:

If I am driving my car and I cause a car accident with a pregnant woman who miscarries due to my negligence and the car accident I caused I can be charged with negligent homicide for the death of the fetus, at any stage of its development.

On the other hand you have the mother that decides I don't want this baby and aborts it because of whatever reasons she may have and there is no consequence for her.

Its a double standard plain and simple.

Reactions: BurntPork
Upvote 0
the thing that irks me the most about the abortion issue is this:

If I am driving my car and I cause a car accident with a pregnant woman who miscarries due to my negligence and the car accident I caused I can be charged with negligent homicide for the death of the fetus, at any stage of its development.

On the other hand you have the mother that decides I don't want this baby and aborts it because of whatever reasons she may have and there is no consequence for her.

No, it isn't. And there may well be consequences of the emotional variety for the woman who gets an abortion.

If it were men that got pregnant, the right to an abortion would have been included in the Constitution.

Upvote 0

Not really, in the case of the woman it is intentional that the child not be born.

I just thought I would take a moment during lunch to make things a little worse.

I'm sure if there were legal ways for you to terminate someone's pregnancy using a car, the guy in case one might have a chance. He'd probably still be charged with practicing OB/GYN without a license on top of the traffic violation. If the woman wanted the baby, the guy is screwed.

I guess that should encourage us to be careful with those that we could procreate with, but none of us think of that when it's most important. That's a good thing in a way, there would be a lot fewer of us.

Upvote 0
if a state says that if you cause a pregnant woman to lose her unborn child/fetus you can be charged with murder or manslaughter, but its perfectly fine for that woman to kill the unborn child? nope, still havent convinced me that there is no double standard there...

do i believe in choice, to a point, but i know and have known too many women that use abortion as a form of birth control because they and their partner were too stupid to use contraception.

Upvote 0
if a state says that if you cause a pregnant woman to lose her unborn child/fetus you can be charged with murder or manslaughter, but its perfectly fine for that woman to kill the unborn child? nope, still havent convinced me that there is no double standard there...

do i believe in choice, to a point, but i know and have known too many women that use abortion as a form of birth control because they and their partner were too stupid to use contraception.

Unborn child?
It is a fetus.

Upvote 0
Unborn child?
It is a fetus.

It is a fetus only when considered for abortion. It is manslaughter if the woman wants the "fetus" and loses it due to an accident. Since a "fetus" is not considered a "child" the name must be changed to prosecute the offender in court. Otherwise there would be no "manslaughter" or "murder" charge.

Upvote 0
As long as you believe that abortion is the killing of a child, there is no convincing you.

read the post, i believe in choice, to a point, i do not agree with a number of women using abortion as birth control... ;)

my post was simply made to pose a question and see why some feel it is perfectly acceptable to charge someone with murder or manslaughter when they cause harm to the fetus but for the mother to chose abortion it is her choice and therefore different.

Upvote 0
No, I did not give the shirt to the baby. I plead the fifth on whether or not I would put a baby in such a shirt.

now-that-I'm-safe-I'm-pro-choice.jpg

This is from a thread called "Why men shouldn't buy baby clothes..."

Upvote 0
Sorry, I'm trying to figure out what you mean, would this be what you're saying:

Mother wants baby, but father doesn't - he can absolve himself of all responsibility.

Doesn't that seem unfair to you?

You said yourself there should be penalties for 'whores' and multiple 'offences', but a guy can have sex without contraception and just walk away from the consequences?

If we're talking "fair" do you think it's "fair" the child grow up in a household that can't support it financially, let alone emotionally? I think it'd be pretty selfish for either parent to want the child if they know it's not going to have its basic needs fulfilled.

Couple this with "fines and penalties" I suggested earlier, and it should deter abortions if the opposite of the aforementioned occurs. If they keep knobbing and getting abortions as a means of birth control.

Both genders have "burdens." One of them for women is childbirth and being responsible with it. If there are extenuating circumstances, like rape, the rapist isn't exactly "getting away" either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones