• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So what could this mean for us?

If it even passed through the regulators, the struggling #3 carrier buying the innovative #4 carrier thats on the rebound. I'd see the DOJ sueing again.

But in that odd chance that even did happen I see us probably being left alone. Sprint likes having different brands under its belt.

Different brands it can neglect see boost and virgin mobile

Reactions: akmsr
Upvote 0
Tmobile is treating prepaid as the future while all the other carriers treat it as the unwanted stepchild. Basically all the carriers only growth has been prepaid they need prepaid but they don't like it since it lowers their ARPU but tmobile has been embracing this even trying to lower the ARPU for all the carriers.

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
With the recent industry changes I don't see this happening

US mobile monthly ARPU to grow to $51 by 2015 - TIA

By*Lewis Dowling, Total Telecom

Thursday 15 March 2012

Economist forecasts data revenues will overtake voice in 2013; U.S. mobile operators to generate $144.2 billion from data in 2015.

The growing appetite for mobile data will push U.S. mobile operators' average revenue per user (ARPU) up to $51 per month in 2015, up from $46.50 this year, the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) forecast this week.

The industry body predicts that monthly ARPU will rise by a steady $1.50 per year

Upvote 0
So far it's looking like Metro is getting some good lovin' from T-Mobile.

You beat me to it. We get what we want s4 mega and lower prices on the phones our F6 is 200 bucks..compare that to the moto g. When we were getting the s4 boost was getting the s3. There is a huge process to get sprint phones to boost but easy for T-Mobile to metro. We get treated as important so far.

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
The company that just bought Sprint(Softbank Corp.) a few months ago, seems maybe they want a controlling portion of the mobile market if regulators by some weird chance pass it I'd bet they look at the smaller carriers until they re told no more due to them getting closer to a monopoly

Also, before Softbank bought Sprint it was rumored they would try to buy T-Mobile if the Sprint deal didn't happen:

SoftBank may have interest in T-Mobile if Sprint bid falls through | The Verge

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones