• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So... what did you like best about your Blackberry?

I had about 5 Curves and the last one was a Tour. I liked the Tour the best, but customer service at Verizon sucked! Plus they stuck my wife and I with a steep bill...

How about you? Anything you liked best about your BB? How about what you hated about it?

Had/have a storm 1 and bold for work. Bold is perfect for work, but the storm was pretty much garbage after a while. A couple things that drove me nuts about the storm were the lack of updates to compete with the android/iphone, selection of apps and how I ran out of memory after I installed 10 apps lol.

I'm surprised you had a problem with the customer service at Verizon. I had a problem with my SMS/MMS bill and a person at corporate contacted me to take care of it and have always gone out of their way to make sure I'm happy.

I was really committed to staying with RIM too...but oh well.

Upvote 0
What the above poster said - especially the easy of prior delete and ease of set-up. I'm currently searching for a reason why my aol mail is not updating on my Droid automatically. It will when I press "Load New Messages".

And I had no problem with Verizon CS. But I usually go to a nearby Verizon store.

Upvote 0
SURETYPE!!!! Oh how I'm missing that. It was almost as good as moto's iTap but with a compact qwerty it made it better all around. Nothing else comes close in predictive text, and of course I couldnt find the compact qwerty on the droid so i don't know if they use iTap on there or nothing since it has a keyboard.

Upvote 0
All my BBs have been rock solid? even the pearls with the exception of that stupid trackball. easily replaced though, and I think i can still type faster on the storm with compact qwerty and suretype than on any other phone I have tried. two handed anyway.

Still on Alltel plan here, so yeah i'll agree with ya on VZW's prices...

Upvote 0
All my BBs have been rock solid? even the pearls with the exception of that stupid trackball. easily replaced though, and I think i can still type faster on the storm with compact qwerty and suretype than on any other phone I have tried. two handed anyway.

Still on Alltel plan here, so yeah i'll agree with ya on VZW's prices...

go to Swype | Text Input for Screens and download the beta for your phone. Its way faster then suretype on the storm :)

Upvote 0
I had about 5 Curves and the last one was a Tour. I liked the Tour the best, but customer service at Verizon sucked! Plus they stuck my wife and I with a steep bill...

How about you? Anything you liked best about your BB? How about what you hated about it?
Had the BB Bold, and just switched to the N1 with the same carrier. Miss the keyboard on the BB, but it's a trade off for the super browser on the N1, the fast speed, and the fact that it doesn't seem to lock up as the BB did.

Upvote 0
hows the keyboard on the n1? I just switched from the mytouch3g to the iphone and unless 2.1 for the mytouch does amazing things for the keyboard, I wont be returning.
The keyboard is responsive, though sometimes a bit too sensitive. I miss the predictive text of the BB, but the n1 has a spell check feature which tries to guess at what you are typing/entering and can save you time or keystrokes in finishing the word. Also, I like the speech to text feature; though it is still experimental (beta, I think), it can become the real winner.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones