1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support So What Do I Have To Do?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 8-Bit-Soldier, May 14, 2011.

1. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Atlanta
    ok so my Droid X flat out isn't working, when it tries to boot up, it just stays at the boot up screen and flickers constantly, not only that the SD Card holder is just now starting to be defective, it won't read the SD Card right and I've tried multiple SD's to test it out and it's for sure the reader. Plus there's some other things that are screwing up but I'd rather get to what I was going to ask. If I want Verizon to ship me a Thunderbolt, how do I do this? Or should I go in store (keep in mind I'm rooted but if it can't get past the boot-up I should be safe, right?). I've seen members on here get Thunderbolts and other phones when their DX's stopped working. How do I get my TB?

Advertisement

2. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert
    None

May 14, 2010
    You ask. But they are under no obligation whatsoever to give you anything but a replacement X.

3. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert
    None

Sep 23, 2010

^^this...and in no way would I go into that conversation EXPECTING to come away with a TBolt...

I would expect them to give you a replacement X...

4. 8-Bit-Soldier

None

Dec 10, 2009
    Atlanta
    this would be my 4th DX.... I'm done with this phone and I'm ready to switch to a different one.

5. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert
    None

Sep 23, 2010

Christ...what do you do to your phones!?

6. 8-Bit-Soldier

None

Dec 10, 2009
    Atlanta
    funny you ask haha :D I keep my phones IMMACULATE. If you were to look at my DX now, it doesn't have a scratch nor fingerprint on it. It looks day 1 new. Same thing goes with all my other DX's but it was always a hardware or software thing for me. 1st DX had the defective battery puller, 2nd one had unbearable lag even with battery pulls and restarts (it was a defective model). And now the 3rd one just randomly falls apart on me (software wise) and won't even get past the boot screen.

7. labeledbass

labeledbass Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    Male
    Experimentalist
    Software can be altered - since you mention being rooted that's the 1st step. Factory lag, well the floor model 2.2 lags quite well, so from the get go you already know what you up against, did you ever leak a GB version? Even unofficial if done correctly it shouldn't lag a bit, stock though. Depending on what you had altered that could be the issue, with the lag at least, force closes ect.

True hardware failure, that's completely on Verizon as long as warranty hasn't been breached, root does that - you can always revert though but from what it sounds like you can't even get to that point. If the screens shot, for whatever reason, they can get into the software and see that you've been rooted, so be careful. VW stores wouldn't know this off the bat, you may even get what you want on day 1, but if you have a contract they have every reason to tack on whatever charge they see feasible, so again be careful.

I got a DX on launch day, discounted due to my late late (never received Dinc) but that was verizons decision and offer, not mine. You could go in there complaining "I'm going to switch carriers blau blau blau" and they "might" hand over a TB if you talk to the super but don't expect it.

Good luck - by any chance did you ever have your phone it humid instances? Like was it in bathroom while taking a shower, did you frequently go from a very cold(dry) and warm(humind) area - only reason I ask it I've seen screen failure do to condensation behind the screen, which isn't good for anything electronic.

EDIT: If the screen is shot you can try plugging it into RSD and if you see on your PC it finds your device (all after a "assumed" boot-up) there is the possibly of re-flashing, hopefully you had debugging checked, and a blind recovery boot would be tricky if not impossible.

8. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Hi, I'll move this to the support section for you.

9. fonefreak

fonefreak Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    North of the ecliptic
    As stated above, VZW is under NO obligation whatsoever to give you a TB.

Personally speaking, the last thing I need is a phone that drinks battery juice faster than my DX.

10. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    that is why you always keep an extra one of these in the trunk just in case

[​IMG]