• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So, what do you think?

Would love to have you burntorange. I think you can't go wrong with either device. There are no bad decisions between the two in my honest opinion.

Build and aesthetics won me out. I figure 4.0 will be here soon enough and I will be content. Software and squeezing every ounce of performance out of lacking hardware was a NEED for me back in the day but with 4.0 and the hardware of today its no longer important or a need for me. Last year yes but dual cores and a lot of memory have given me confidence in a good otb experience.

And I wouldn't mind being on the team at all...Time will tell, I'm sure. Love the look and the classic Moto build quality. Common complaints (like the camera) don't phase me much (in that example, because I have a DSLR for pics)...Don't care about the battery, like the SD card, etc...All in all, likely an awesome phone. But as I alluded to earlier, I think the screen will be better on the GN, it's obviously bigger (albeit barely), and I want my updates right away. It's harder for me to make the jump on looks alone, which is essentially what the RAZR would be for me. I don't mind the typical complaints of the GN like cloud computing (I'm unlimited), so it's an aesthetic argument for me...

Upvote 0
How can a Motorola phone have a Super Amoled screen? I thought Samsung had that technology locked up tight? In that case, why not have HTC, LG, etc phones with them already? I would LOVE a Motorola phone with an Amoled screen. I don't like Samsung because of the stupid puzzle piece unlock screen, the four ugly dedicated touch screen button things on the bottom, and the cheap plastic feel of them, still, better than iPoop.

No, don't ask me to root to fix all but the feel of the phone issues, too much for me to learn to do, sorry!

Nobody addressed this question that I can see.

Upvote 0
How can a Motorola phone have a Super Amoled screen? I thought Samsung had that technology locked up tight? In that case, why not have HTC, LG, etc phones with them already? I would LOVE a Motorola phone with an Amoled screen. I don't like Samsung because of the stupid puzzle piece unlock screen, the four ugly dedicated touch screen button things on the bottom, and the cheap plastic feel of them, still, better than iPoop.

No, don't ask me to root to fix all but the feel of the phone issues, too much for me to learn to do, sorry!

Nobody addressed this question that I can see.

Samsung supplied AMOLED screen to HTC before and now it seems like they started sourcing to others again. But Moto apparently didn't bother to change white background on setting screen on Razr to black for less power consumption.

That stupid puzzle unlock pattern and four ugly bottom soft button was on original SGS1 but it changed completely on SGS2 in pretty good way to let you know. But I also think Razr is very solid phone and you can't go too wrong with either phone, Razr or Nexus.

Reactions: gloriousnumber1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones