• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So what exactly is the issue with gps?

artvandalay22222

Android Enthusiast
Jul 5, 2010
DETROIT MI!
Ok, well it seems to work ok for me. The only issue I had was it occasionally seemed to think I was on another road that was running parallel and close to the one I was on.

Oh and the other issue I had....

When I got to work, I turned gps off and noticed the phone felt REALLY hot. I through it on a table to let it cool off. I thought it was just hot from using the gps but after half an hour or so the phone was still really hot, AND my battery was nearly dead. I immediatly turned it off and back on and it cooled off quickly.

Not really sure what that was all about but I dont think I will be using gps much after that

go to settings>Location and security> check Use wireless networks. GPS will work like a charm.
No. Approximate position estimation from cell tower and wifi APs is not "GPS". GPS uses satellites, and the GPS reception/system on the Captivate has issues.

Approximate augmented positioning data from other less-precise sources does not fix the Captivate's GPS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones