• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So... Who's Rooted?

Ambictus

Android Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2010
UT
I just barely got finished loading the Liberated ROM from attn1. I have to say I'm impressed so far, not because I'm now rooted or because I feel liberated. No, I'm impressed because it didn't delete a single one of my settings or apps. This isn't something I expected at all, I was fully expecting to lose everything when I loaded the new ROM.

Yay, no more AT&T splash screen for me :)

Edit: Oh, and I didn't have any trouble with the parts he described as PITAs. Everything went very smoothly for me.

Edit 2: I know I said I'd make a vid, I just haven't had time lately. I will do it sometime next week.

you got lucky,,, I spend like 4 hours,,,, first the instructions only mention you need the SDK,,, but even after installing the SDK ADB was unable to see my device. I kept searching the web and found that I have to install HTC Sync to get the correct drivers to show... after that,,, it was a PITA to get the timing to connect the USB cable, the instructions say about a sec.. in my case it was more like 2 secs... but after that,, I'm very happy with my liberated device. Just hopping more people jump in so we can have Froyo very soon

Upvote 0
I'm new with android OS and HTC and Tue aria. I did however, figure out how to jailbrake the first iPhone in 2007 before there were programs that did it for you..The beauty of learning that was that you couldn't brick the iPhone...you could alwAys restore it to factory fresh...

Is this still the case with trying to root the aria? I want to try and just need the safety net of factory restore...

Upvote 0
I'm coming from the iphone 3g, and I gotta say, the 16 or 17 steps in rooting the Aria seem pretty daunting. Especially not being familiar with all the terms and tools involved. I wish someone would do a video for the process.
There is. This is for the Mytouch 3G slide, but it is the same exact process for the Aria.

Here ya go: YouTube - how to root mt3g SLIDE

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones