• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So who's switched from iPhone 4s...

And how is it?! I know not many people have the phone yet, but I'm making the switch tomorrow and little nervous! Im just ready for something new. Thanks for any input!

I am. I'm bored with iOS and with the iPhone in general. I think it will be a good switch although 2 things I am worried about are 1. The display. 2. The camera. My iPhone camera is ridiculously good. I'm not expecting it to be as good but hopefully it isnt that far off.

I'm going to wait a week or two before I sell my iPhone however just to make sure I can live with the Gnex.

Upvote 0
I have a 4s right now and I am tempted to jump back to android but I don't know if I can give up the app store. Most importantly android phones leap frog each other every 3 months. Just look at the bionic to razr jump and with apple I get at least a year with my phone being top of the line. It seems like a cool phone but it also seems like its on the last wave of dual core phones before everything announced at CES!

Upvote 0
I am switching from the iPhone 4. Its either the nexus or the 4s right now. I am going to be picking up the GN at costco in the morning to try it out for a few weeks and will make my decision on which will be my main phone for the next year.

Everything about the nexus sounds great. I am hesitant though about the battery life. Another thing I am worried about is running with the damn thing. I love running with my iPhone since its so compact and easy to carry. This thing is going to be monstrous in comparison.

Upvote 0
Yup. Best place. Lots of fraud on eBay now. Buyers claiming they receive empty boxes and get there money back an have your phone...messed up world.

I've done well on eBay selling phones without fraud problems. Mostly the problems I have are people buying and not paying. It hasn't happend for a while but it's definitely a love hate thing with eBay. If Craigslist fails eBay or Amazon would be your next best place.

Upvote 0
I've done well on eBay selling phones without fraud problems. Mostly the problems I have are people buying and not paying. It hasn't happend for a while but it's definitely a love hate thing with eBay. If Craigslist fails eBay or Amazon would be your next best place.

Not to be rude, but your android figure looks mentally challenged hahaha

Reactions: Matthew
Upvote 0
I'm coming from the 4s. I had all android phones before though. Honestly though, the nexus is the only android phone worth switching from the 4s for. Although the 4s will still take better pictures, and maybe have a slightly clearer display, I think it's worth the trade. 4g, huge screen, not BORING(I find the iPhone very boring). I miss customizing my phone like you can with android. And ics is beautiful. Plus, iPhones are so damn fragile. In 17 minutes I'm gonna rock my nexus without as case.

Upvote 0

i've never had a problem on ebay and i've sold tons of stuff on there including an iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, HTC Evo and i sold a GNex, that i thought was dead, on there. soon i'll list my SGS2 as well.

Upvote 0
I switched from the iPhone 4. I had an iPhone since the first day they came out back in 2007. Tried Android before, never could really get it to stick. Always had my problems with it. I've had the Galaxy Nexus for 3 weeks now. I'm not going back to iOS unless they make some drastic change to both the OS and the design. 3.5 inches for a screen is way behind the times, as is just rows and rows of icons on a screen.

I say make the switch now ... ICS makes all the difference.

Upvote 0
And how is it?! I know not many people have the phone yet, but I'm making the switch tomorrow and little nervous! Im just ready for something new. Thanks for any input!

I have both, the 4s is my work phone and I just got the Gnex today. I'm really digging the screen & the keyboard. It's not as seamless as the iP, but that's a double edged sword.

I'll be switching. Any advice on where to sell the 4s? Going to start with Craigslist I think.

Yup. Best place. Lots of fraud on eBay now. Buyers claiming they receive empty boxes and get there money back an have your phone...messed up world.

There's more crack heads and whack jobs on CL, I got $435 for a 16GB white iP4 two weeks ago on ebay, you just have to watch out for the idiots... I would start on the various forums (xda, anandtech) for a week or so and then go to Ebay.

Apparently, you are not familiar with the HTC Rezound.

I had one, it was OK, but I really prefer the Gnex with the "pure google" interface. I don't think I would trade in an iP4s for a Rehound.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones