1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So whose iPad is sitting in the cupboard now?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DonaldGreig, Aug 17, 2012.

1. DonaldGreig

DonaldGreig Well-Known Member

Since I got my N7 I've hardly used my iPad. While the screen is better it just feels too big. The only thing I miss is 3G connectivity. Tethering works fine with my S3 or Note but it kills their battery.

Now a 3G N7 would kill the iPad dead for me.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Not the same but I haven't picked up my Prime since getting my N7. Just love the size for round the house use.

3. UserName872

UserName872 Android Enthusiast

This makes me feel much better actually! I've got my Galaxy S3 and I was concerned ditching my iPad, the screen would affect me a lot. Now I've just got to find a place to pick one up on my way home from work!

4. DC IT

DC IT Member

I don't have an iPad but I have a Playbook and the N7.
    Since both are the same format factor I still enjoy using both.
    Each has their own pros and cons but I enjoy them both.
    One thing I will say is the Playbook is more stable than an Android device as just yesterday both my N7 and Note reboots on their own!
    Before ICS the Note would often force close apps on a daily basis.
    But overall I like the N7 more and carry it with me all day.

5. DucatiDude

DucatiDude Well-Known Member

I have stopped using my ipad completely now. Don't use it for anything. Thinking of selling it and my coworkers and lining up. Sheep.

6. Still using my iPad. App experience is still better. Old android apps should just die. Example, the New York Times. It's a bitter experience after enjoying the iPad Times app. They keep making small fixes to it, while it force closes every third time I use it. It and many other android apps need to be rebuilt from scratch as they are awful experiences and mainly designed for phones.

Which leads to a discussion of how well the android community support tablets. But I'm not going there as I don't have time.

However, I like using the Nexus 7 at work to browse here and there during wait times.

7. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

use bt tethering.

8. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Android Expert

My ipad2 is now with my 2 year old so my 4 year old doesn't have to share his.

9. postjack

postjack Lurker

I've only had my nexus for a couple days but I haven't used my ipad 3 since. I primarily use my tablet for Web browsing, email, twitter, books and Google drive. Not a big gamer or movie watcher (I game on my PC and watch movies on my plasma).

Strangely, the nexus does a far superior job connecting to my I phones hot spot via blue tooth. It connects more quickly and stays connected even after waking from sleep.

10. GalaxyNexus

GalaxyNexus Android Enthusiast

iPad = Sold = Free N7 + $150 = SWEET!

breadnatty08 likes this.
  11. wb6nah

wb6nah Lurker

Mine. The only thing that's missing is a decent chart plotter as I work as a Capt. It's a 4.1 thing, not a nexus thing. The N7 is a breeze to use.

12. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Android Expert

Just sold my Transformer TF101 for

13. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

I never drank the Apple Kool-Aid. :D

14. UserName872

Just picked mine up from Walmart! Had it out the box 10 minutes and love the integration with my galaxy s3!! Looks like my iPad will be sleeping in the drawer for a while. :)

15. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

this is so true. For example, Facebook. I swear to God Apple is paying Facebook to sabotage their android app. Other apps too. My wife has an iPhone and I got her the nexus 7. One of her complaints is the iPhone apps are better than their android counterpart, and I have to agree. I'll never purposely own an Apple product, but why is this so?

16. Jay Aristide

Jay Aristide Well-Known Member

What's an iPad?

cammykool likes this.
  17. drunkenmax

drunkenmax Member

I still have me iPad for reasons previously mentioned and thats the TV and movie content on itunes. Our house has two Apple TVs as well. Its about time that itunes content moved off just the PC and onto other tablets. The Uk is pretty poorly served when it comes to downloadable content and I cannot be arsed ripping DVDs

18. cammykool

cammykool Android Expert

I have a n7 and my dad has an iPad and the iPad just seems... Heavy. The n7 is like a a feather the iPad a brick...

19. The quality of the apps was the biggest reason I switched from android phone in Nexus One back to iPhone. Something as simple as the ESPN app was so poor compared to the iOS ESPN app.

I just wish companies would realize that most of those old android apps are crap and they need to be rewritten.

I'm seeing new apps for android tablets that make you go wow, like Google Currents or even better, for UI presentation, like News Republic. The games made specifically for the Nexus 7's chip look godlike. It's improving, but those old apps need to go. Minute little fixes don't hide the fact of their general suckitude.

20. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Android Enthusiast

I got a chance to compare my Nexus 7 side by side with a friend's iPad.

The bad: his iPad's screen seemed whiter and brighter. By comparison, my screen seemed off-white and flickery. But my Nexus 7 was much faster and my friend commented on how fast the screens moved and how quickly the apps responded.

The good: there's no question that the Nexus 7 is more functional. The ability to hold it with one hand and browse or type with the other hand is KEY. To try and do the same with an iPad is bulky and awkward. To do much typing, you'd have to get a keyboard. At that point you may as well buy a friggin laptop.

The ugly: the screen on his iPad turned white several times, any time an app was opened. (The app would have to be loaded twice for it to work.) I looked it up - this is a known issue.

21. shawn672

shawn672 Newbie

I haven't touched my Transformer Prime since buying this... 7" is just perfect

22. Covart

Covart Android Enthusiast

Since getting my S3 and deciding to buy the Nex7, I have sold 2x iPhone 4s and 2x iPad 2's. And since watching the trial of Apple v Samsung; will never buy an iDevice for me again. I had bought 7 iphones, 4 ipads and 3ATV's since 2007. Never again.

23. UserName872

Reporting back after a week and a day of ownership... Still in love with this and my iPad is now just for my 2 year old. The size is perfect for taking notes in meetings at work and syncing right back to my OneNote at my desk!

24. Nutz

Nutz Member

I will NEVER buy anything Apple - there are half-wits out there who stand in line for 24 hours to buy anything Apple - it is nothing more than a status symbol and a not very adequate one!
    And with Apple suing just about everyone for patent theft (Apple has short memories), I am not willing to fund their over-paid team of moronic lawyers.

25. Nychotxxx

Nychotxxx Lurker

Ive had the ipad 1,2 and 3 and have had the n7 for a few weeks. Its very impressive and so is 4.1. I still use my ipad but enjoy the n7 too. The only thing the n7 is missing is a rear camera. Practically all of my ipad apps are available in the playstore for the n7. Im waiting to see what the ipad mini will be like.