• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So, will Verizon follow suit?

I like what AT&T did with offering that $45/month unlimited talk, text and 300MB data plan. So your looking at around $54/month with tax. Comparable to t-mobiles web only $30 plan. Less data but unlimited talk compared to 100 min. Plus AT&T has much better voice coverage than t-mobile.

Nice plan for light data users who have easy access to WiFi. If verizon doesn't offer the same, I'll consider switching.

Upvote 0
I like what AT&T did with offering that $45/month unlimited talk, text and 300MB data plan. So your looking at around $54/month with tax. Comparable to t-mobiles web only $30 plan. Less data but unlimited talk compared to 100 min. Plus AT&T has much better voice coverage than t-mobile.
Are AT&T throttling after the 300mb or is it only 300mb per month? The unlimited talk/text is good.

Thnx.

Upvote 0
Neither. Since it is a postpaid plan, they charge you overages of $15 dollars per extra GB needed, but your speeds aren't throttled.
I thought it was for prepaid. Hmmm, Timelord65 seems to have compared it to Tmobile's $30 prepaid plan.

I see on AT&T's site they prepaid is $40 for 500 mins. talk, unlimited Text & 200mb data. Do you know if their data is unlimited/throttled or 200mb per month? Just curious now.

Thnx.

Upvote 0
I thought it was for prepaid. Hmmm, Timelord65 seems to have compared it to Tmobile's $30 prepaid plan.

I see on AT&T's site they prepaid is $40 for 500 mins. talk, unlimited Text & 200mb data. Do you know if their data is unlimited/throttled or 200mb per month? Just curious now.

Thnx.

Yeah, this is a postpaid plan and just one of the options of their mobile share plans. I'm guessing it was compared to the 30 dollar plan due to it's price, though comparing to T-Mobile's 50 dollar plan is a better comparison. The AT&T prepaid plan oddly enough isn't throttled either, they charge you for overages but deduct it when you refill.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones