1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So with G Music my options are: manually "make available offline" every song, or xfer via usb?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by theWUbear, Dec 24, 2011.

1. theWUbear

theWUbear Member

So if I want to have my music on my phone, and be able to play it when I don't have service (for instance, when I go to Europe), I will either have to manually press "make available offline" for each artist in my google music playlist, or I will have to transfer the music to my galaxy nexus via USB? If I do the latter, how will google music on my SGN react to one day having a server to connect to with 1000 songs, and also having 1000 local songs (that are the same, to be clear). Will it duplicate all/some oef the songs? Will it just have one set of 1000 songs?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. theWUbear

theWUbear Member

Bump. I bet Verizon Wireless Corporation is google music's biggest friend: GMusic is the biggest bandwidth eater on my phone.

I need to manually transfer my music manually from computer to phone. This might be as simple as finding the music folder and having at it, but in case it's not, I'm reposting here. If there's no music folder, where do I put my music for google music to read it without going to the cloud? Will GMusic automatically recognize the music as the same as the cloud's music, or will it make two copies of each song (one from local storage and one from the cloud)? Any other tips?