• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So you think your battery is an issue?

Michael,

you are the man!!!!! I thought of this trick also. My 3G is awfull at work and I know spends all day searching. I actually did this trick this morning but got a weird message. Something about no being able to receive texts. So i just thought that you couldn't do what i was trying ( i thought text needed 3G or something). so i turned it back on. NOW i realize that it just timed out.

thanks for the post. you made my day. i would thank you a thousand times if I could (but as you know you can only hit the button once)

Upvote 0
Michael,

you are the man!!!!! I thought of this trick also. My 3G is awfull at work and I know spends all day searching. I actually did this trick this morning but got a weird message. Something about no being able to receive texts. So i just thought that you couldn't do what i was trying ( i thought text needed 3G or something). so i turned it back on. NOW i realize that it just timed out.

thanks for the post. you made my day. i would thank you a thousand times if I could (but as you know you can only hit the button once)

I'm glad this helped you out ;)

Upvote 0
From what I've seen in battery life this isn't the case. Place both toggle switches on a home screen. Make sure mobile network is turned on and conencted then enable wifi. Notice the mobile network toggle stays green. I think what we see on the phone is an aesthetic change. The mobile network is on but the phone is defaulting to wifi for it's data signal.
I could be wrong, someone correct me if you know better.
If you go into the wireless&networks settings, and turn wifi on in the actual menu system, you will see the 3g mobile network gets disabled when WIFI is on and has a signal available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones