• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The latest gingerbreak can do it but you'll have to hunt it down....the one found on this site wont work. However, you can explore 2.2.2 rooting as seen in other models. There has been success with rooting that tedious minor update. Research will prove it can be done but much patience is required.

Custom recovery is another story....

EDIT:: just got home and checked my PC to find that the gingerbreak version I used for friend's phones is in fact 1.2 but I believe it came from XDA forums. I rooted the hard way cause I had 2.2.1 before the discovery of that apps success was made.

Upvote 0
it's not available in all area's yet just some and even the areas that it is available in the 3020 PRL Supposedly only works for data can't make calls or text and there is a 3022 PRL but nobody has Uploaded it yet. No 3g where i am here on the 3020 PRL either.

im in the daytona beach area in florida.. have had prl 3020 for about 3 weeks now,, just started reciveing 3g data about 3 days ago

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones