1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

so

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by don0tto, Aug 28, 2011.

1. don0tto

don0tto Newbie

there is no way to root my android phone i have android 2.2.2? and i cant donwgrade since i dont have windows ughh

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mystifire2

mystifire2 Well-Known Member

You need windows

3. don0tto

don0tto Newbie

i have linux my phone came with 2.2.2

4. TweeksRevenge

TweeksRevenge Android Enthusiast

The latest gingerbreak can do it but you'll have to hunt it down....the one found on this site wont work. However, you can explore 2.2.2 rooting as seen in other models. There has been success with rooting that tedious minor update. Research will prove it can be done but much patience is required.

Custom recovery is another story....

EDIT:: just got home and checked my PC to find that the gingerbreak version I used for friend's phones is in fact 1.2 but I believe it came from XDA forums. I rooted the hard way cause I had 2.2.1 before the discovery of that apps success was made.

5. don0tto

don0tto Newbie

i have tried rooting my 2.2.2 lg optimus with gingerbreak and zroot both do not work.

6. If you can't get the newer gingerbreak to work youll have to downgrade, throw xp on a VM and you can run lgnpst in nix

7. reppard

reppard Android Enthusiast

That's how I had to root mine. XP in a vm

8. don0tto

don0tto Newbie

i downgrade to 2.2.1 and now i want to be able to change my 1x internet to 3g or 4g then be able to use my phones internet for my laptop is it possible?

9. tripdoc79

tripdoc79 Android Enthusiast

dont have to downgrade to use 3g.. just have to update to PRL 3020 and wait for metro to upgrade towers in your area

10. don0tto

don0tto Newbie

i put that in stll got 1x.

11. sector4

sector4 Member

it's not available in all area's yet just some and even the areas that it is available in the 3020 PRL Supposedly only works for data can't make calls or text and there is a 3022 PRL but nobody has Uploaded it yet. No 3g where i am here on the 3020 PRL either.

12. tripdoc79

tripdoc79 Android Enthusiast

im in the daytona beach area in florida.. have had prl 3020 for about 3 weeks now,, just started reciveing 3g data about 3 days ago

13. sector4

sector4 Member

Ft. Lauderdale here been on 3020 since i first seen it online. Sad to admit it but i was a serious browser of these forums for and very long time before i actually created an account.

14. don0tto

don0tto Newbie

i need 4g this 1x shit is bullshit yo

15. undacova

undacova Android Enthusiast

Buy a better phone.