1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Soap Box Rant RE: Ignorance

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by digitaljeannie, Mar 26, 2011.

1. digitaljeannie

digitaljeannie Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 26, 2010
    I really wish people would investigate, research, and educate themselves fully on a process before jumping in and doing it. There is no modification I have made to any device I have ever owned that I didn't first thoroughly research proper process and all probable issues and the ways to avoid them BEFORE making the change to my phone. Some people go a little mod-crazy once they figure out they can do something and just start willy-nilly screwing up their device, just because they can and then whine when it doesn't work right because they shouldn't have been messing with it in the first place. Then they come to the forums and want hand-holding & spoon-feeding because they were too lazy to educate themselves in the first place.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, exhaust your GOOGLE SEARCH options on a subject and read everything you can BEFORE you do anything to your phone, BEFORE you even ask a question about doing anything to your phone. and DO NOT do ANYTHING to your phone unless you FULLY UNDERSTAND the process in complete and the IMPLICATIONS of making whatever change you are attempting to make.

</rant>

Advertisement

TVCCS, gerbetta33 and Kilo70 like this.
  2. kc3

kc3 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 6, 2011
    US
    lol I agree with this, I sometimes get impatient though :p I think that affects us all, I get kind of daring with things that I feel I could recover from if I screw up my phone, also gotta make sure I have enough to replace it in case it happens, no way in hell would I try some of the things I do if I didn't have enough to replace it if need be.

3. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    I'm not sure if you're from the US, but we have warnings on coffee telling people its hot... I don't disagree, and I did my research before rooting/flashing, but its asking a lot from the general populace.

4. kc3

kc3 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 6, 2011
    US
    hahaha that's a really good point, hey I think people should take some risks though but ONLY if they afford to screw it up. If you're an 19 year old college kid that's only contact with family is that phone, and if you screw it up you can't get some sort of other phone to reach them than how is that worth it? However if you either have a collection of phones (uber geek lol my fiance has a bunch as well) or at least enough to replace it than you don't afford to take that chance.

5. Icarus1337

Icarus1337 Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    I prefer getting info from people, so I can ask questions. Reading something from a site is different than asking people on a forum.

6. zrobot

zrobot Member
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Database janitor
    Baltimore, MD, USA
    Hey Jeannie you seem knowledgeable, can you give me a quick step-by-step how to root my V? What ROM should I use?

JK!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

7. salemblack

salemblack Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    I have had the phone for a week. I want to root it but I am still reading and trying to make sure I know all I can. I hack everything I own but I still act like its the first time even when I updating stuff. I am looking for the best guide right now, not sure what to do.

Tags: