• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Social Hub = Garbage?!?!

Samsung's Social hub is a great idea. An integration of "everything". However, Ive found it to be buggy and error prone.

First off, Im not a tech n00b. Ive got everything set up, and for the most part have done some thorough troubleshooting.

The IM client misses msgs on my MSN accounts. Ive tested this at home. Ive tried both on my 3G conneciton, and my WIFI connection. Usually it works "decent" , but it will drop MSGS. That could be due to the implementation of the client, the MSN network, or whatever. But what good is it, if it drops messages?!?

The Email client.. I cant figure out how often it polls, it doesnt give you that option to check. But Ive found that after testing, that its a crapshoot when the phone will poll and actually get the messages. I send a test message from my computer. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds, and sometimes it takes 30 minutes plus to see that new email.

Anyone else have issues with the built in IM, and Email?!? Ive already tried K-9 email, and dont mind it so far. MSN talk doesnt work properly on Galaxy (new msgs send from people dont open a new chat window) and MSN Droid Talk spikes the heck out of the CPU.

Any recommends there?! I liek my phone so far, so wonder if Social Hub is garbage, or if MSN doesnt like the way portable devices talk to its services

I'm having many issues with Social Hub too. They claim to be working on it but I'm not so sure...

It started with me not being able to look at emails in folders other than my inbox on all three of my accounts (hotmail, gmail and exchange). That was a huge problem because my work emails especially never stay in my inbox. After contacting Social Hub support and their techs having the same issue it was to be escalated and I'd get a call back. Three weeks later I called them and asked for a supervisor to figure out what was going on. He said it was a known issue and they're coming out with an update but suggested I could try to format my phone. I'm not sure how this could help anything if it was a known issue but I didn't have too many contacts/apps in this phone yet so I did it anyways. I setup my email before doing anything else and still had the same issue.

About 2 days later I stopped receiving any emails to all three accounts so I removed them all to try again and now I can't add them back. When I try to add an account it gets stuck on "In progress", then times out.

So yes, Social Hub does in fact = garbage, IMO.

Upvote 0
I don't even have Froyo yet. In fact, I'm not even rooted anymore. I went all the way back to just out of the box and it worked for all of 2 days.

I liked it too. The supervisor I talked to acted like a fix was coming out but it sounded like the official release of 2.2 was going to be out well before the Social Hub release and 2.2 is already 3-4 months behind schedule so I'm not holding my breath.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones