• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Social Hub - Relogin Required

Firebreak

Jan 20, 2011
Hi all,

Having an annoying issue on my Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant. The phone is updated to 2.2. About a week ago, my hotmail was hacked. (By hacked, I mean I used the same password on hotmail as I do on many forums and one of those forums must have sold or used my password) The issue was quickly resolved by changing my password to something unique that will only ever be used on my hotmail account going forward.

So, I figured, since I did that for hotmail, I should do that for gmail as well. Now they each have their own unique password, which is great.

The problem I'm having, is that since I changed these passwords, the social hub on my phone, which I use for both these accounts all the time, about once or twice a day stops working and says "Relogin Required". Then I have to punch in my password again to get it working. Is there some way to make this stop happening?

Thanks

No but it is happening to me too occasionally with Telus, Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo accounts and is f###ing annoying. I was beginning to think I was the only one with this issue since nothing comes up in google or forums til now. I have tried the regular email app to narrow down if it is the app rather than something else but it wont let me enter some of my accounts

Upvote 0
No but it is happening to me too occasionally with Telus, Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo accounts and is f###ing annoying. I was beginning to think I was the only one with this issue since nothing comes up in google or forums til now. I have tried the regular email app to narrow down if it is the app rather than something else but it wont let me enter some of my accounts

I'm interested to know if your issue also started after changing one of your account's passwords. It may not be that widely known because most people never change these webmail passwords.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones