1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Social Networking

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flashheatmvp3, Jun 9, 2011.

1. flashheatmvp3

flashheatmvp3 Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    Hey i was just wondering if u guys use the twitter/facebook apps from the app store, the social networking app with motoblur, and/or the widgets? I am trying to use the one that consumes the least battery, however it would be nice to get notifications and stay updated as well.

Advertisement

2. log1c

log1c Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    California Love
    i use fb from the market, i didn't like the fb from motoblur
    seems like it would use less battery with the app from the store as you only get notifications and it would use more power when you open up fb, but with the motoblur one it seems like it is always constantly running, i think it displays a picture, i forgot, i got rid of the account from motoblur

3. gregoe86

gregoe86 Lurker
    None

May 14, 2011
    I'm really conflicted on this myself - been trying to figure out how to get more/better notifications from facebook. the Fbook for Android app isn't great, so I've just started testing FriendCaster. I keep wanting the native Social Networking (Blur?) app to work for me, but it's just not that good.

In terms of battery use, if you don't put a widget on your homescreen you should be ok. I also use an app called Juice Defender to cut down how often Fbook pings the network for updates.

4. HankAtrix

HankAtrix Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    I am the VP of a database software company
    I am from New Orleans but have had the great oppor
    Hi - I am having the same question but haven't found anything yet. I use FB and Motorblur.

5. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    tech stuff
    Austin, TX
    I use Pure Messages widget for all messaging (text, fb, gmail, calls, etc). Use one full screen (minus bottom row, for messaging app icons) with scrollable widget. It's VERY worth the price.